ROAD TAX DODGERS

Apr 25, 2008
Visit site
Walking into Town I past a line of cars parked outside their respective houses on the main road,and I counted four without road tax and three of them were at least six months out of date.I spoke to our local beat officer and he said it was not a police matter anymore,I could not believe it.All these cars were being used on a daily bases,so I reported them to the DVLA and two weeks later three of them had new tax discs showing and one was clamped and I have not seen it for a couple of days.
Would you have done the same?

May 22, 2008
Visit site
So your the one who got my car clamped.!!!
smiley-cry.gif

Only kidding, yes would do the same, and it seems to be becoming a growing trend for us hard working , bill paying, contributing members of society to do our civic duty...........................about time too
smiley-smile.gif

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
Excellent stuff. Wish more people would do it. However another aspect is that road taxx and insurance is now so high that people are battling to pay these bills and a problem is being created. Maybe a number fo them had recently lost theri jobs, but needed the vehicel to travel to interviews and took the chance.
Next year insurance goes up again because of untaxed and unincured vehicles etc and then there are even more untaxed uninsured vehicles on the road. And the vicious circle continues.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
I expect the newly conceived Community Speed Watch scheme will allow its appointees to also help here.
I think Michael E is quite correct that those without a Tax disc will 99% of the time have no insurance or MOT. Their vehicles should be impounded and then scrapped .
It's no use saying The Motor Insurers Bureau will help you out when hit by an uninsured driver. Your own Insurers have to contribute to this fund. The more they pay into the fund the higher your own premiums become. Report the car.

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
It may well be the case that if a vehicle is reported to DVLA for no VED, they'll check their database which will show if it's insured and/or MoT'd - if, as is likely, it has none of those they'll probably refer it back to the police to impound it - if it's only the VED out of date they send another renewal notice out but include details of the fine that's automatically been incurred, non-payment resulting in escalating charges and the baliffs.

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
There is a website called AskMID your only supposed to check your own vehicle but if you suspect someone of dodging the system its ideal to check there vehicle at http://ownvehicle.askmid.com/ just pop the registration in tick the box and enter the security number thing in the box job done, it tells you right away if the car is insured or no. also there is the DVLA website to check if a car is taxed or no. https://www.taxdisc.direct.gov.uk/EvlPortalApp/app/enquiry?execution=e1s1 will tell you if its taxed and when it was supposed to be taxed.
ohh and the answer to your question Allen774 is a definate yes i would do the same,
smiley-cool.gif

Jan 12, 2007
Visit site
hi all
we had a car dumped right at the side of our house (i live on a end terrace) we reported it to the police but as the car was taxed and insured there was nothing that they could do............the day after the tax expired i was on the phone to report it,the owner got a letter about the ticket that was issued,he called a scrap dealer to scrap the car.........the scrap guy turned up,knocked on my door thinking it was my car,i told him that it had a ticket on it and he refused to take it away......so it was there 3 more weeks until it was taken away........what gets me is if the guy was going to scrap it anyway........why didnt he do it before the tax was up....claim the tax back and not get a fine for an untaxed car?......some folk are very strange

hgv dave

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
You can go on DVLA web site and put vehicle reg number and make and it will give details of when first registered when tax is due or when last taxed.I saw a BMW with dodgey looking tax disc before xmas and looked on site.It showed it had not been taxed for two and half years,so you can presume no insurance or mot for that time either.

Jan 2, 2010
Visit site
First let me say that yes I would have done the same, but if all these tax and insurance dodgers came clean and duly bought tax and insurance for ther car then the extra £30.00 its supposed to put on each and everyones premium, does any one belive for one split second that they would see there insurance reduced by the same upon renewal, I think NOT.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts