Roof blind Year 2000

Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
Have Sterling Eccles Topaz. the sliding roof blind is showing some daylight through cracks in the material . They are only in lines about 5cm long by the hand pull. I took a look to see if I can take off the "handle" , shorten the blind and refit but could not see how to remove the blind, unlike the window blind ones. My second thought is to paint silver something over the cracks but that might seep through to underside of the material. The blind is made with two parts , one is silver coated other white/cream then "stuck " together. Any further ideas would be appreciated .

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
I have had similar problem with my 2013 Coachman, I have tried silver nail varnish, ( wih a lot of amusment from friends) humbrol paint, nothing really worked, which reminds me, I must buy a new one, replace the one above the bed and refit that one to the lounge, blind. About £ 80 last time I looked.

Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
Order silver duct tape yesterday arrived today cut couple of strips fixed them in place . No daylight and will see whether the heat does something to it . At moment in caravan it is over 28o/o

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts