Roof of Rimini

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Hi I’ve seen this mentioned previously but can’t find an answer, is it safe to crawl on roof of my bailey Rimini? Want to give it a real good clean.

BP

Oct 12, 2016
Visit site
I know they parked a car on the roof of a Bailey a while back but it was purely a staged publicity shot If you keep to the edges and spread your weight you should be ok. I find I can do a satisfactory job working from each side with a long soft brush.

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
I went on the roof of my Unicorn with Alu-Tech construction and it felt solid. The struggle was getting there and back through the sky-light, (mistake). And the danger was slipping on a soapy surface. But the roof felt solid enough.

John

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Does your storage site not have a drive in wash facility. Mine does and you can then access the caravan roof from elevated walkways on each side.

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I gave the van, including the roof a real good clean, came as clean as a whistle, seemed a lot bigger caravan to wash than the ranger, I’ve spoken to tourershine and I've got to pick a date for it to have a professional clean and polish roundabout late February early March , it’ll be good to get it done professionally then it’ll just need a rinse off for the rest of the year at least, that’s how it was way back when I had my old Avondale done, we’ve pretty much got all the usual stuff loaded and we‘re pretty much ready for our 3 day try out at Eye Kettleby next Tuesday.

BP

Reactions: JezzerB
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
I normally wash mine with a extending long brush put the ladder at the front of van and at the back of van done this every year so far then put the breathable cover on for the winter session .

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
I gave the van, including the roof a real good clean, came as clean as a whistle, seemed a lot bigger caravan to wash than the ranger, I’ve spoken to tourershine and I've got to pick a date for it to have a professional clean and polish roundabout late February early March , it’ll be good to get it done professionally then it’ll just need a rinse off for the rest of the year at least, that’s how it was way back when I had my old Avondale done, we’ve pretty much got all the usual stuff loaded and we‘re pretty much ready for our 3 day try out at Eye Kettleby next Tuesday.

BP
i hope you enjoy Eye Kettleby next week i always take my pole for fishing .

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Climbing on caravan roof is downright stupid although a Bailey might take the weight. If the roof is wet you could slip and the fall will almost certainly cause serious injury and could be fatal. In a workplace it would be illegal.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts