Rossette Caravan Park

Oct 18, 2006
Visit site
This is a good privately run site that has both statics and tourers. You need to be carefull on entry to thge site because if you come from the town centre rosetta road you are going through a residential area and of course cars parked both sides of the road, where as if the come down from the Edinburgh area there is a B road about a mile before the town which is single track with passing places but this is the better route even coming from the town stick to the main road and head for Edinburgh. But when you are onsite try and get a pitch on the flat otherwise you need a ramp under one wheel. And finally TV signal is not the best, i have a status ariel but i also carry a spare ariel which i attach to a rod and strap to the jockey wheeel get a good signal that way. This is a good site within an hour of Edinburgh it is very popular and can get very busy, perfect for getting away for the weekend. I have used the site twice and would go again.

Jan 12, 2007
Visit site
Hi Andrew,

Have they improved the facilities over the past few years?

I stayed there a couple of years ago and vowed not to return unless they had. Agree with the location though and some views from the top of the site are great.

When booking I requested a hardstanding pitch and on arrival was directed to an area of gravel the size of a caravan surrounded on all 4 sides by about 100m of grass. Driving a rear wheel drive car at the time and it having rained for 4 days before arrival, hence the request, this ws less than ideal.

The shower blocks were small and only a few showers compared to the number of pitches. Not all were working and they were less than clean - cob webs and spiders in the shower cubicles to my othet halfs dismay.

We only stayed two nights and when checking out the owner simply stated " we are a family owned site and cannot afford to keep up with standards at large commercial sites or the respective caravan clubs". Which I accept although their fees are comparable and cleanliness costs little.

Peebles itself is a really nice town and an ideal location for visiting Edinburgh or touring the Borders. We have visited on a few occassion since preferring to stay at Crossburn Caravan Park at the other end of the town. This site has much better access off the main road to Edinburgh, is smaller and better kept. Whilst the toilet block is dated it is controlled by a key pad entry system and clean - not up to the Caravan Club standards though.

They also have grass, hardstanding and fully services pitches whilst being a ten mininute walk from the town centre.

Feb 26, 2007
Visit site
Hi folks,

We stayed at Crossburn last year while visiting a friend who lives in Peebles.The touring site was ok but we were not impressed with the facilities at all so took the opportunity of looking at the Rosetta site.My heart sank when I had a look round.We are CC members and are used to high standards.Would not choose to stay there either.Melrose CC site is within driving distance of Peebles so we shall stick with that in the future.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts