route advice

Jun 24, 2009
Visit site
Looking to travel from Shafts bury Dorset on the A30 to Burnham on Sea Somerset, do not wish to drive down 303 to M5, does any one know a more suitable route to tow the van and routs to avoid

Andrew

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Hi andrew. If I were you I would bite the bullit and go onto the M5. This way you just turn of the Burham junction then intoi the town. We usually go there this time of year but because of a big operation I cannot drive that far. The motorway down there is a lot better than up here in the north east. You could stay on the A38 and follow the line of the motorway, its just getting over to it from your place.
regards Stewart

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Raccons advice is good. The cross country routes from Shaftsbury are not wonderful - narrow and twisty and likely to be busy with farm traffic - silage making etc - at this time of year.

One possible alternative to the Shaftsbury / Taunton/ brean route is A303 to Podimore, then towards Somerton and to Street and then to the motorway junction near Bridgewater but it's hilly in parts and twisty, plus the traffic round Clarks Village at Street.

Me, I'd stick to A303 to Ilminster then Taunton.

Ray S (located near Wincanton).

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts