Route from Calais to Le Lac de la Liez

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
Just cheked the route on via michelin and the toll cost is £39. Is their a better and cheeper route than this. The other routes on via michelin is over 8 hours rather than 5.

I dont really want to pay the £39 but to save 3 hours I will.

Any info greatly received

Kevin

Jul 28, 2008
Visit site
We used this site as an overnight stop last year (might go back to explore the area more!), and although we travelled from Zeebrugge rather than Calais, we used the autoroutes and paid. I think that you'll find that although the N-routes are probably more scenic, when travelling that distance it would be a VERY long day and drive. Personally, I'd pay the toll for a much more relaxed drive.

Nigel.

KnL

Mar 26, 2008
Visit site
Kevin,
We overnighted at that site a couple of weeks ago, enroute to Calais from the Ardeche.
It's a lovely site and probably worthy of a longer stay (Try the Grimbergen Beer at the on site bar).
We were ready for home by the time we reached the site and used toll roads in preference of the longer cheaper routes,

Ken.

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
Thanks Ken, were off today, thanks for the advice, also the beer, we discovered this a couple of months ago on a day trip to calais, dear but very moresome, will be getting a few of those from the bar. Thanks

Kev

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts