Route South

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
Advice please

Best route south through France. I want to avoid Paris but travel through Clermont Ferrrand and Millau..Pulling twin axle.

Many Thanks

PETERA

Feb 1, 2010
Visit site
Most folk recommend Rouen, Evreux, Dreux, Chartes and join the A10 South. From there is all straight down, but just watch where other Auto routes join. Have a look on Google maps.

Regards,

Jim.

Feb 1, 2010
Visit site
Most folk recommend Rouen, Evreux, Dreux, Chartes and join the A10 South. From there is all straight down, but just watch where other Auto routes join. Have a look on Google maps.

Regards,

Jim.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Depends on how far you wish to avoid Paris by! One option is to skirt round the east and south of Paris on the A104/N104 which is well signed picking up the A6/A71 But the popular route these days is via Rouen/Evreux/Dreux/Chartres. The first route is all motorway so costly in terms of tolls.
David

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
We travel from Dunkerque and our route takes us onto the A1 and just (literally) south of CDG airport you branch off to what is the A104/N104 outer ring of Paris. It goes to the east of Paris and I like it as it joins up with the A10 which then takes you due south for Millau etc, or routes to the Dordogne. we stop our first night in Dourdan at Camping le Petis Pres which is about 4 miles from the A10. From memory Dunkerque to Dourdan via La Francilienne (A104/N104) is about 230 miles with numerous aires to stop off at for a break. The Dourdan site is basic but very clean and not normally full if you are not travelling at peak time. We always book ahead so we can then be assured a long enough pitch. The site is in the CC European handbook.

Jul 20, 2005
Visit site
Hi Peter,

We have used a different route. However, I don't have a map with me, so this is just the general drift...

Motorway from Calais to Troyes. From there, strike across country (N77, I think) to Auxerre and from there towards Nevers & Moulins. You can then pick up the motorway just to the north of CF.
We've used this route travelling in both directions and, depending on sailing times, have usually stopped overnight around Auxerre or at the municipal at Troyes.

Jo

May 18, 2006
Visit site
Same route as a couple of people have mentioned:-
We normally travel from Zeebrugge and go on the A1 and just south of CDG airport we take the A104/N104 outer ring of Paris. It goes to the east of Paris. It has always been an easy journey without too much traffic. Then go onto the A10 which then heads South on a quite direct route to Millau. We tend to break the journey by stopping at Nevers.

TRENDING THREADS