Route through Rouen

Apr 29, 2008
Visit site
We are travelling to Bordeaux region this autumn and want to know if there is a straightforward route via Rouen rather than having to go all the way around via E44 and Pont Normandie. When we went through Rouen some years ago (without a caravan) it was a bit of a nightmare but the map looks OK via E402/E46/N28 etc - can anybody confirm that they have gone this way and it is OK for a caravan??

Thanks

Stephen

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
I 've gone through Rouen for the last three years, never had a problem, but must be honest I just follow the dirctions from my Tomtom.

Steve W

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Stephen,

We went through Rouen a couple of years ago, following TomTom, beware it does take you under a low tunnel, not a good idea when you have bikes on the roof of the car - ouch!!! other than that no problems

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Stephen

I assume you are going to Bordeaux via Alencon/Le Mans - Just follow the Toute Directions and Town signs - you will find it quite easy. We have been thru Rouen a couple of times with caravan in recent years - never a problem - just a few Traffic Lights!!!!!!

We always use a 'Via Michelin' Print-out as it shows the relevent road signs to look for.

Good luck and enjoy your trip.

Jul 31, 2006
Visit site
stephen,

Route through Rouen is a doddle!!!

From Calais take the A16 then onto the A28. as you approach Rouen just follow the "Autres Routes" cross the river Seine and the road "spirals" round to the right (in effect you've made a left turn after crossing the river) follow the signs for ZI est keeping the river on your left & the railway & marshalling yards to your right, eventually you'll come to a roundabout, cant mistake it as it has concrete cows painted black & white on it, ala Milton Keynes! go straight over to the next roundabout, this one has Greek sytle columns on it, go straight over this one and prepare to bear left onto the A13.

There you go!! Easy peasy! depending on the time of day 15 - 20 mins or 45 mins on a Friday night at rush hour!

Mar 26, 2008
Visit site
Seconded. Easy trip via Rouen. Tip we were given was take A28/E402 south through the dual carriageway Tunnel de la Grand'Mare and just keep eyes open for sign for LeMans above the dual carriageway as the sharp right is just beyond it and not to be missed.

42 degress 25'46.66" N 1 degree 05'58.87" E on Google Earth is the centre of the loop ramp you takes route to the right to run along side the river towards LeMans and other routes.

It shows how you need to be in the right hand lane or you will miss it in traffic.

Nov 29, 2007
Visit site
Seconded. Easy trip via Rouen. Tip we were given was take A28/E402 south through the dual carriageway Tunnel de la Grand'Mare and just keep eyes open for sign for LeMans above the dual carriageway as the sharp right is just beyond it and not to be missed.

42 degress 25'46.66" N 1 degree 05'58.87" E on Google Earth is the centre of the loop ramp you takes route to the right to run along side the river towards LeMans and other routes.

It shows how you need to be in the right hand lane or you will miss it in traffic.
Don't do what I did and get in the left lane or you end up going through the town. However, I picked up signs for Calais and just followed them back onto the auto route. A bit tight in places but hey, you're on holiday so no stress allowed.

TRENDING THREADS