Route to Buxton CMHC site - Harpur Hill?

Jan 20, 2023
Visit site
It's been a few years since we went to Buxton and I'm sure we used to turn off the A515 Ashbourne/Buxton road and drive through Harpur Hill to approach the site from the opposite side to Buxton, anyone done this? The book just states coming through Buxton which I'd prefer to avoid as it'll be heaving this afternoon.

I'm travelling up through Ashbourne on the A515 and Google maps doesn't show any issues with the Harpur Hill route, just wondering if anyone's done it recently?

Thanks

Nov 12, 2021
Visit site
As you travel on the A515 towards Buxton you will drop down quite a steep hill towards a major junction with a slip road on the nearside signposted to Longnor and Harpur Hill. There is a large bookshop on the nearside which you can’t miss. Turn left here and then immediately right to Harpur Hill. As Blackbird says watch the parked cars just after the left turn in Harper Hill. They are just before a very steep dip and large tipper trucks come up it in the opposite direction at speed and there is no room to for two vehicles to pass. After that is straight forward and about a mile to the site on the offside.

Reactions: GaryB
Jan 20, 2023
Visit site
Thanks folks, I vaguely remember this route and I'm sure at one time it was mentioned in the CC book (we last went in 2012!). I'll give it a go later, don't fancy crawling through the middle of Buxton if I can help it.

Reactions: Paullus1959

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts