Route to Ferry Meadows

Aug 23, 2006
Visit site
Hi

We're going to the C.C. site at Ferry Meadows at Easter from Stoke-on-Trent area.

A50,A60,A52 A1 looks good on AA maps and Google earth, anyone used this route and any problems?

Navman has been pretty good to use but tends to run amok on occaisions, so don't really trust it fully.

Regards Tomo

Oct 2, 2008
Visit site
To be honest from Stoke I would personally go-

M6 South - A14 Come off at A605(Thrapston) straight into Peterborough

It drops you straight on to the PB ring road at the junction with the A1.

This does look the long way round but apart from the last 15 miles it is all motorway and dual carriageway. It is a good easy straight tow with no traffic lights.

It will towing take you about 2hr30.

Going through Leicester will be stop start and will not do your temper or your car much good.

Dec 13, 2007
Visit site
Hello Tom

I have just checked with Autoroute using the route you have mentioned is about 110 miles and nearly 3 hours

Using the route mentione by Ben is 125 miles but only 21/2 hours.

Personally I would use Ben's route as it sounds as the driving is easier

Hope this helps

Alb

Aug 23, 2006
Visit site
Hi

Many thanks Ben and Alb. route looks good and my son who travels that way occaisionally agrees.

I'll try it and let you know, strangely enough never been across this side of the country, tend to go west, north and south.

Best regards

Tomo

Aug 3, 2008
Visit site
I to am going to Ferry Meadows but will be travelling there from Grantham although not to long in distance can anyone advise the best route.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Down the A1 as far as the junction with the A605. Follow signs for the East of England Showground, then local directions from there. Ferry Meadows is signposted, but there is a large Notcutts Garden Centre where you turn off, so no difficulty spotting the turn!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Down the A1 as far as the junction with the A605. Follow signs for the East of England Showground, then local directions from there. Ferry Meadows is signposted, but there is a large Notcutts Garden Centre where you turn off, so no difficulty spotting the turn!
Just realised that might imply that you take the A605 - you actually take the opposite turn, towards Peterborough, but that junction will be easy to spot on any map, or from the roadsigns.

TRENDING THREADS