Routes and campsites on the way to dordogne

Jan 31, 2006
Visit site
We have decided to give the Dordogne a try.I have never driven this way before,normaly take 2 days to drive to Toulon. Is it practical to estimate the same and what are peoples choice of route.Any sugestion on good stop over campsites really welcome. Thanks in advance I feel a bit nervous about my decision as I,ve always just headed south for the beach !

Ali Paton

Jan 31, 2006
Visit site
We are crossing Dover /Calais early evening ,staying overnight for an early start. We are heading to Vertillac a small place in between Angouleme and Perigueux.

Cheers

Ali

Oct 26, 2006
Visit site
The route I would use would probably be A16 to Abbeville, A28 to Rouen, then A13, A28 to Le Mans, stopping at the Munical site at La Suze sur Sarthe (around 265 miles). Then A28, A10, N10 (Tours, Poitiers) to Angouleme and D939, D12 to Verteillac (about 225 miles) This is a mix of toll and non-toll motorway with some decent N & D roads. Getting through or around Rouen is the only tricky part as it is usually very busy, but if you watch the sign posts or take a satnav or route planner map, then it shouldn't be any great trouble.

John M

Jan 31, 2006
Visit site
The route I would use would probably be A16 to Abbeville, A28 to Rouen, then A13, A28 to Le Mans, stopping at the Munical site at La Suze sur Sarthe (around 265 miles). Then A28, A10, N10 (Tours, Poitiers) to Angouleme and D939, D12 to Verteillac (about 225 miles) This is a mix of toll and non-toll motorway with some decent N & D roads. Getting through or around Rouen is the only tricky part as it is usually very busy, but if you watch the sign posts or take a satnav or route planner map, then it shouldn't be any great trouble.

John M
Thanks so much you have been so helpful!

Cheers

Ali

Apr 4, 2005
Visit site
Hi

We have just done a similar route and I totally agreed about Rouen. We use a satnav and it came into it's own in Rouen. Got us through without a fault.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts