Routes through Germany and Austria to Italy

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
Hi, next week we will be driving to Italy (Lake Garda) with our caravan. Any suggestions as to the best routes through Germany and Austria please? And also any campsites / stoppover suggestions please? We are travelling with two young children so we don't plan on driving any more than 250 miles a day. Many thanks, Michelle

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
Hello David,

Just to say how impressed I am by your blog, wish I had the patience and knowledge to compile one. The quality of your photographs is tremendous, and it is a wonderful reminder to look back on, particularly on a cold and wet day in the UK. I remember that you also posted one on a trip to France, and I will find both very useful when we have retired next year, with the intention of doing similar trips in Europe.

Thanks and best regards,

George

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hello David,

Just to say how impressed I am by your blog, wish I had the patience and knowledge to compile one. The quality of your photographs is tremendous, and it is a wonderful reminder to look back on, particularly on a cold and wet day in the UK. I remember that you also posted one on a trip to France, and I will find both very useful when we have retired next year, with the intention of doing similar trips in Europe.

Thanks and best regards,

George
Thanks George, glad you liked it.

David

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
Michelle we have done this trip to Italy a couple or three times and if you want some ideas on campsites go to to my website

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
Michelle we have done this trip to Italy a couple or three times and if you want some ideas on campsites go to to my website
Sorry pressed the wrong button before writing the website name http://dvthompson.webs.com put it into your address bar

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
Hi Michelle

We came back from Italy last year via Austria and Germany using the Brenner and Fern Passes. Both are reasonably easy. I have some information on route and campsites used here The Italian Blog

David
Hi David, many thanks for this infomation and the web link. It is fantastic and has given us some great ideas - we head off tomorrow. Cheers

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts