Rowntree Park availability in July

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
For those interested, I have just had to canel a week at Rowntree Park in York. 23rd July 2011 until 30th July 2011 if anybody can make use of this week act quickly.

smiley-cry.gif

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
whats the attraction with this site? I l grew up in York for 30 years before moving up here and there are loads of sites just outside york in the smaller villages that offer a lot more?

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Its in York itself Andy. Once on site no need to use the car to get around or for that matter buses.5 minute stroll and you are in the centre of York.

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
i thought that might be the case but it may be worth noting that York has excellent park and ride services. ie you park at one of the park and ride sites just outisde the centre, hop on the bus that collects you and drops you right in the centre. Using this service you can make use of the many excellent sites located just outside York.

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Yep park and ride schemes are great, have used them at several cities I have visited,whilst not expensive, they still cost and you still have to drive to and from the park and ride.
At rowntree that's something you don't have to do or consider, nor do you have to bunch up because the bus is full, as we found in both Oxford and Cambridge and waiting for the next bus that was just as full too.
I am a bit of a lazy git, but having a site so close to the city centre actually had me doing more walking around than i otherwise might do...

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
As others have said, a sort walk into york city and also a pleasent walk along the river to the Railway Museum, well worth a vist.
I only use the car, once there, to go to the local supermarket. Two local Wetherspoons provide Cask ale and meals at reasonable prices within a short walk. If you don't like walking, get on your bike, there are loads of cycle tracks along both sides of the river and also free fishing, when in season, within the city walls along the river Ouse. If you have a dog, again some very nice walks along the river when NOT in FLOOD, which is the only down side of this site.
smiley-frown.gif
Oh, forgot, you have to book realy early to get in, so popular.
smiley-smile.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts