Royal Mail Postage Prices

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
We've just got our barcoded First Class stamps back, swapped for old style - they'll go up in value then!

On a pedantic point, it's from April 3rd.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
My wife has sent a load of old stamps back that BIL had squirrelled away in an obscure dresser. I’ve even bought some roof bars to take my roof box in order to give extra car load capacity as we go through his house prior to sale.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Be warned , this April 1st Class letters will cost £1.10 and 2nd 75p.

That‘s the end of my Christmas Cards this year😢😢
Yep got that on the newsletter from Martin. As said no more Christmas cards and this will impact card shops who may end up closing down. Maybe we will start seeing less junk mail and the postman only coming around once a week instead of every day.

With the exception of two or three cards at Christmas I cannot remember when last I posted a normal letter. Most of our cards we hand deliver as most of our friends and relatives live close by. I can see the Royal Mail closing its doors within a few years.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Yep got that on the newsletter from Martin. As said no more Christmas cards and this will impact card shops who may end up closing down. Maybe we will start seeing less junk mail and the postman only coming around once a week instead of every day.

With the exception of two or three cards at Christmas I cannot remember when last I posted a normal letter. Most of our cards we hand deliver as most of our friends and relatives live close by. I can see the Royal Mail closing its doors within a few years.
We buy all our Christmas cards direct from individual charities and other cars often come from Sainsburys. But as you say RM are finding it increasingly difficult to maintain an everyday delivery service at a single cost. Such is change I guess, but we don’t plan on giving up on cards yet. They are nice to see along with the tree and other decorations.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
We buy all our Christmas cards direct from individual charities and other cars often come from Sainsburys. But as you say RM are finding it increasingly difficult to maintain an everyday delivery service at a single cost. Such is change I guess, but we don’t plan on giving up on cards yet. They are nice to see along with the tree and other decorations.
I never knew Sainsburys sold cars? 😂 😂 😂

• Love
Reactions: otherclive
May 7, 2012
Visit site
The Post Office is pricing themselves out of the market. They do not want the service and you do wonder if it is a route to getting the service reduced.

Reactions: Dustydog
Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
The Post Office is pricing themselves out of the market. They do not want the service and you do wonder if it is a route to getting the service reduced.
After their CEOs disgraceful two performances in front of the Commons Select Committee, you are spot on Ray. Abandonment of the letters and focus on parcels seems the target of the day😢😢

Reactions: Bluetonic
Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
The Royal Mail has to compete in an unfair market - they're obliged to provide the universal service at a single price to all locations within the UK while all their competitors can charge a surcharge for more distant destinations, eg Highlands and Islands.

IMO the Royal Mail will continue losing market share, which will force the standard postage rates even higher while their competitors cream off the lucrative deliveries - either the Royal Mail will go bust or the government will be forced to step in and subsidise the less economic parts of the country.

Edit: refer to Royal Mail rather than Post Office.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts