Royan France

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Can anyone give me any recomendations for sites in the Royan area of France. Any names an/or web sites would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Mike

Jun 7, 2005
Visit site
You could try the one below, its not far from Royan, only down side is traffic. During the high season the traffic going onto the Ile de Oleron causes problems.

www.sequoiaparc.com/

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Mike, My wife and I go to a site at St George de Didonne to the east of Royan on alternate years, we are returning in 2006. The site is called Bois Soliel and has a website. Each pitch is seperated by pine trees, it has a beach location with a range of cafe's, bars and restaurants around it. A short walk to the centre of St G has the usual markets and larger shops with the full facilities of Royan around 6 kilometres away. getting there is easy from Caen with a distance of around 350 miles.

Looking forward to summer 2006 just thinking about it.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We have been to this area quite a few times. Weather tends to be really nice. Downside can be traffic problems especially in main summer season. Royan bye pass seems to be always very busy especially near the Le Clerc hypermarket.However with the aid of a map you can find ways around the area quite well.

We have tended to stay outside Royan at La Palmyre. Some sites in this area are very big but again you can find really good pitches. If you have teenagers Bonne Anse Plage is a good site especially if you get a pitch at the bottom end of site (large pitches - 130 sq.metres)The Zoo at La Palmyre is brillant but again watch the traffic.

Mar 16, 2005
Visit site
Hi Mike,

Bonne Anse Plage at La Palmyre is a brilliant site worth checking out. Try their website www.campingbonneanseplage.com

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts