Rudding Park, Harrogate

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I have just returned from a trip out to Rudding Park south of Harrogate and thought I would warn anyone about a stay at this place as I encountered a number of problems and WILL NEVER RETURN!

Problem 1- caravan on the next pitch was pitched and the wrong side of the hardstanding so he could put his awning on the grass, understandable due to the large pieces of concrete in the hardstanding which made it difficult to peg the awning. This made his van very close to mine so at night I could hear his TV. This would not be tolerated on a CC site.

Problem 2 - groups of teens roaming around, kicking footballs off vans when the owners were out for the day.

Problem 3 - People partying into the early hours - shouting laughing screaming etc. If you are reading this thanks for having no respect for anyone else and keeping me and my family awake. Apparently they have security to stop this, I think the security were probably at the party!

Problem 4 - Toilets, absolutely filthy, so bad we used the toilet and shower in the van. Apparently the toilet block is cleaned three times day. I arrived at noon and it was cleaned then, until noon the following day I did not see it cleaned again.

I had only booked 2 nights, thank goodness but only stayed 1 night. I complained to the management and asked for 1 nights refund, which they refused. Whatever happened to the "customer is always right"? After putting my case to the manager and threatening to call Trading Standards, they would still not return my money. It ended up with me threatening to block the entrance gates with my van so no one could get in or out! Total shock on the managements faces! Needless to say I left with my money returned!

Let this be a warning to all those considering Rudding park, unless that is you enjoy partying to the the early hours, like filthy toilets/showers and allow your kids to roam around in gangs so that they are not bugging you but someone else

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
ive been to rudding park twice and never experienced anything like that,although it was some 3 years ago,must have changed quite a lot as they were a little stricter when i was there

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts