Rutland Water

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
Hi, there is a site in LANGHAM just outside OAKHAM and you can get to rutland water withing a 10min drive, it used to be called RANKSBOROUGH HALL but has changed owners and i'v been told its top notch, but not been myself, we used to keep our van on a seasonal pitch there, and yes theres 2 pubs in walking distance

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hello Gullitt, Perhaps you have already fished and had a good time. In which case, well done. If not, may I ask whether it is fly or coarse fishing that you intend doing? I can't comment on coarse, but if it is fly then I don't think Rutland is the place to go unless you are very experienced anglers. Being such a large water it can be very daunting and local knoledge is everything. Also, with the frosts soon arriving, the fish tend to head towards deper water and can be harder to locate and tempt. You might be better off going to one of the smaller trout fisheries which may be less challenging. Perhaps next year you may want to consider Grafham in Bedfordshire which has a CC site nearby. However, that too, is a large water. Best wishes, Butler

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hello Gullitt, Perhaps you have already fished and had a good time. In which case, well done. If not, may I ask whether it is fly or coarse fishing that you intend doing? I can't comment on coarse, but if it is fly then I don't think Rutland is the place to go unless you are very experienced anglers. Being such a large water it can be very daunting and local knoledge is everything. Also, with the frosts soon arriving, the fish tend to head towards deper water and can be harder to locate and tempt. You might be better off going to one of the smaller trout fisheries which may be less challenging. Perhaps next year you may want to consider Grafham in Bedfordshire which has a CC site nearby. However, that too, is a large water. Best wishes, Butler
Apologies for typing errors

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts