SAAB 9-5 estate

Jun 11, 2005
Visit site
Hi,

my wife's SAAB 9000 CSE 2.3 turbo was written off last week by an oncoming car that lost control on a wet road. The 9000 was such a good tow car and so flexible that the choice is again for another SAAB. Does anyone have experience of the 9-5 series estates as an everyday car. We have a Sorento so towing abilty of a 9-5 is not an issue. What is the 9-5 auto like. I would be grateful for views of owners.

Thanks

Other Clive

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
Hi Clive

I have a 9-5 estate 2.3t which is an excellent tow car. I have a manual so can't comment on auto although I have heard that they can be heavy on fuel.

I drive 15 -20 000 miles a year and apart from having to have the air con regassed no problems, but lots of comfort and enjoyment.

David

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Clive - I had a 9-5 Estate 2.3 HOT auto a few years ago - went like the proverbial s**t off a shovel. Didn't tow with it but solo only averaged about 22 mpg, so bit of a gas guzzler, but a very comfortable and practical car - apart from the mpg. A colleague also had one a year younger with a 5 speed auto, and this was far more economical - achieved about 30 mpg solo. At a kerbweight of over 1500 kgs and 250+ BHP, it should pull most single axle vans and a few twins.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts