Safe Motorway Services M42 and M5

Apr 19, 2008
Visit site
I will be travelling to Devon for the first time with alone my small daughter and we will no doubt want to stop on route.

Can anyone recommend services with dedicated caravan parking areas M5 south and north bound please?

I travel a lot solo and have seen very few services with dedicated areas so am concerned we will be in with the HGVs.

Mar 8, 2007
Visit site
Emily,

I am not sure of any Service Stations on the M5, that have a dedicated Caravan area. I would have thought an overnight stop on a site close to the motorway would probably be more suitable, as you will have a decent shower facility. Edithmead at Burnham is right on the exit roundabout, but I don't know where you are travelling from and if this is too far from your destination in Devon,

best regards, Martin

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
Sedgmore services 1 mile before Burnham on sea south bound has dedicated caravan area however it is next to the HGV area, I often stop there, in hgv and noticed today the caravan area has now been blocked off to hgvs by bolders.

Kevin

Jan 2, 2007
Visit site
Hi Emily

on Northbound M5, Strensham services have "pull-through" (drive in, drive out) parking bays for caravans in separate dedicated area for caravans - the only service area to do so on M5, as far as I know. Southbound on M5, we use Michaelwood (between J13 & 14); its in with trucks, but usually OK. We have used Sedgemoor (last year) but there was no parking discipline and entry/exit was difficult. Hope this helps.

Ann & John

Feb 3, 2008
Visit site
Yes - the northbound M5 Strensham is very good for caravans. We used the dedicated caravan spaces a few weeks ago, but unfortunately 'white van man' also likes the spaces and took up most of them.

Aug 12, 2007
Visit site
We stopped at Strensham services on our way home from Somerset yesterday. As Woodlands Camper says, they do have a dedicated caravan area which is easy to get into, but, as he also says, it did have several white vans in there too. Trouble is, no-one from the services 'polices' it, they could do with someone slapping warning stickers on vehicles parked where they shouldn't be.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Hi Sue, welcome back from Wurzel land.

This is the second reference to 'slapping' that I've read tonight in which you've figured ;0)

Aug 12, 2007
Visit site
Hi Sue, welcome back from Wurzel land.

This is the second reference to 'slapping' that I've read tonight in which you've figured ;0)
Ooeerrr!!! I'm sure I'm the innocent party.....honest, Mr Mod Steve sir! ;-)

Thanks for the warm welcome......I won't say it's nice to be back, coz I'd much rather be back where the cider is nice and cold (and plentiful!!).

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts