Safe way of removing plastic joints bathroom unit

Jan 25, 2019
Visit site
kBpkKbvV

Hi (again),

Sorry for the amount of posts this week, but you guys have been really helpful so far!

Anyway, I have removed the bathroom unit in my 96 Swift, as I have a new sink to fit on it. However, the lip of the sink appears to be connected to the base unit by some sort of plastic plugs (see picture). I am not bothered about the sink, but I need to keep the unit (the main bit you can see in the picture) intact. Does anyone have any tips on how to safely pop these connections?

Thanks

OK, cannot see a way to insert pictures...

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
racingmars said:
Hi (again),

Sorry for the amount of posts this week, but you guys have been really helpful so far!

Anyway, I have removed the bathroom unit in my 96 Swift, as I have a new sink to fit on it. However, the lip of the sink appears to be connected to the base unit by some sort of plastic plugs (see picture). I am not bothered about the sink, but I need to keep the unit (the main bit you can see in the picture) intact. Does anyone have any tips on how to safely pop these connections?

Thanks

OK, cannot see a way to insert pictures...

https://www.practicalcaravan.com/forum/our-website/56475-posting-pictures#453457

Jan 25, 2019
Visit site
Hi all,

I have a further complication, in that they have glued the sink onto the base as well. So, the lip that you can see in the picture has glue as well. I don't care about the sink, but I need to keep the base unit in tact.

Jan 25, 2019
Visit site
Thanks for all of your help.

In the end I had to use a reciprocal saw to cut off the top, then again to cut the lip from the unit.  The amount of glue used was crazy.  However, it is off now!

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
racingmars said:
Thanks for all of your help.

In the end I had to use a reciprocal saw to cut off the top, then again to cut the lip from the unit.  The amount of glue used was crazy.  However, it is off now!

Result! Usually the complaint is not enough glue.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts