Safety Advice - Carbon Monoxide Detector

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We have just got a blanket and exstinguisher, the van already has a smoke alarm all we think we need is a CM detector but there seems to be loads around and they all look pretty big. Can you get a caravan one or any advice on a good one to buy please? Also where should this actually be fitted or does it really not matter as the van is such a small room?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I had a new gas boiler fitted and the Gas board gave me a monoxide detector free, as the boiler is in my garage and no other appliances in the house I use the dedector in the van. its about 4"x 21/2" x 2" high it lets you know its working ok by occasionally flashing a green lite. youmust be able to buy them in your local shop.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
You can buy them mail order from Screwfix - www.screwfix.co.uk. Screwfix is now owned by Kingfisher, which also owns B&Q. You will find the prices cheaper, stock extemely good (I have never had to wait for anything bcause it is out of stock) and delivery is normally next day even when items are ordered late in the day.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts