Saga Insurance

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Does anyone have both their caravan and towcar insured with Saga aand if so are there any benefits of the twin policies.

Looking at the caravan Gold scheme, it appears to cover unlimited European recovery but does not mention the towing vehicle. If the car policy had a similar provision, then the combination would effectivly remove the need for CC Red Pennant or something similar.

I know i could fight this through with Saga, but these policies seem to be handled by different departments, and they are unlikely to tell me any snags, so perhaps forum members can assist.

Thanks.

G

I have my car insured through Saga, and my house contents. Their Policy is very good and gives me unlimited European insurance cover, however, my Policy does not cover recovery. For that I use Mayday.

You can download all the full Policy booklets from their webpage, but having a quick look at mine does not seem to indicate anywhere a Recovery Scheme. They will transport your car home if it is non-driveable, but only in the UK. They will insure it while it is being recovered, but not the actual recovery itself.

I have not really checked it all thoroughly, but I was not aware of any insurance schemes that gave European recovery as an inclusion. Maybe I haven't looked hard enough, but is it any cheaper than using 2 services?

Aug 9, 2006
Visit site
I have my car insured with Saga as it is the only company I can find that does not limit the stay in Europe to 3 or 6 months. You can pay extra and get full recovery in Europe from them as well. I have studied the full policy documents from all the other main insurers and none give the cover that Saga gives. You get what you pay for. I also had my caravan insured with them as the cover was brilliant. I had to get the caravan insured elsewhere, however, as I have now left it stored in France permanently.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts