sandringham caravan club site, sandringham.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Never been to the caravan Club site but the camping and Caravanning Club site next door is very good. Its won some fancy awards recently. The area is nice and the aplle juice from the Sandringham Estate farm shop is fantastic.

G

I hear the neighbours could be a problem, you need to lock up your daughters if the youngest grandson is around, him and his big brother like to play soldiers now.

Your caravan might get run over by a tank when he's had a few over the limit ;-)

Aug 31, 2005
Visit site
Hello euro; stayed on the CC site in March. Very pleasant site; good pitches; quiet location; woods all around. Yes we shall return; all facilities available.

John

G

We are off to Eire Monday / Tuesday for a wedding but may spend some time touring here on route back to France.

My wife has never been to that area much so we may give it a go.

Feb 15, 2006
Visit site
hi euro, i dont know which way you will be coming back but the cotswolds is a beautiful place. the caravan club have two very beautiful sites both very different broadway and moreton-in-marsh.

if your passing give it a go.

jo-anne

G

Our girls do not go back to school until late September so we may head to Spain and home depending on our daughters plans.

Aug 25, 2006
Visit site
Typical CC site, clean,orderly etc.

However, the C&CC sit which is just a short stroll through the trees away is nicer for my money.

In fact I am a CC member but joined the C&CC after seeing the site.

Aug 14, 2006
Visit site
Hi! we stayed there for a week last May. The walk to Sandringham house was further away than we thought but still only took 40 minutes walking. Lots of walks in adjacent woodland. Typical CC site but there are not many very sunny pitches due to the many trees. However the same trees do provide shelter from any winds. Lots to see in the area, especially if you head for the coast. We were not impressed with the adjacent CC & C club site. Pitches and caravans very close to each other and unmarked boundries which can only lead to trouble with the many children on site. Great shop in between the 2 sites. We rated the site 8 out of 10 but would not return as there are several better sites in the same area.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I suppose it is all down to personal preference. We recently spent ten days on the C&CC site at Sandringham, while my brother was on the nearby CC site. We all preferred the more natural and spacious feel of the C&CC - the CC felt quite claustrophobic to us, and there were certainly never any problems relating to lack of strict demarcation lines on the C&CC site (although we are none of us the sort of people who need to mark off whole spaces as 'ours'). Our only minor disagreement was over the toilets - my brother thought the C&CC ones were better, I thought both were of the same standard, but that the cubicles on the CC site were very slightly larger! But then, he used the gents and I the ladies, so perhaps we were both right!

Seriously though, I don't think there is a right and wrong to this. Both sites are maintained to high standards and in a lovely area with good access to lots of great places to visit. If you like hard-standing and rigidly marked out pitches, the CC site is the one for you, if you prefer a more open, natural setting, go for the C&CC. Either way, you will have a good holiday.

Aug 28, 2005
Visit site
We've been twice to the CC Site - last year was half empty and it was very peaceful and clean, this it was very busy (all pitches full but it was still peaceful.

I totally agree with Chrissie it is down to personal preference. To ME the C&CC site at Sandringham looked a little drab and dare I say disorganised where as I prefer the regimented feel of a CC site -i.e. even the soap is the same and the toilet roll !!

The most important thing though is that even if the weather is not spot on it is a very nice area and we will return again.

Monkey's Husband

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts