Sandringham CC site

Apr 3, 2005
Visit site
Hi all, just got back from a week at Sandringham CC site, it was our first visit and we really like the site.
I have to say, we were very surprised at some members and the way they conduct themselves on site ....(or is it just me)
people walking over other peoples pitches as short cuts, i find this really rude, children running around other peoples caravans and parents nowhere to be seen!
Is it just me, or are standards (and morals) starting to slip?

regards Andrew.

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
The people who walk across your pitch are probably the parents of angelic little Johnny who rides his bike or runs around your caravan
smiley-smile.gif

Some even on this forum think it's childish to complain about people walking across their pitch. I don't expect people to take short cuts across my garden so why should they show their ignorance by thinking it's ok to walk across pitches.
Thankfully the majority of people aren't like this, including kids, but it is a sign of the times and lack of parental control or the 'I couldn't care less so get stuffed' attitude.
A typical example is of some people we know who takes their grandson. She said he's no trouble away in the caravan. How sweet
smiley-innocent.gif

As soon as they get there he is off on his bike making new friends. The problem is they don't know where he is or if he's making a nuisance of himself with other caravanners. What they aren't too keen on repeating, after I pointed out the error of their ways, is how their sweet grandson got into trouble with his new found friends for riding their bikes through the shower block on a CC site
smiley-wink.gif

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
We've been to Sandringham quite a few times, and it seems to be the in thing to cut across your pitch, and from what we've witnessed, it's adults who are the culprits!

We were on a corner pitch during the winter a couple of years ago, and it had snowed overnight. The occupant of the pitch behind us had literally walked over the mud wall of our porch awning to collect his water. He didn't appear to have any manners, but he didn't do it again!!!
smiley-wink.gif

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
It certainly wasn't parents that dared to walk through MY pitch last weekend at Cirencester CC to get to the toliet blocks !! It was the older crowd - so to speak.

Feb 16, 2009
Visit site
Back to Sandringham a week this coming Friday, 5th year running. Wife and the Dogs can't wait to be in the forest walking to Sandringham centre in the morning, then its back at dinner to walk to Castle rising and enjoy a few scoops at the Castle inn. Second day no doubt we will be off to Holkham beach, another cracking walk along the beach and back through the forest. Back to the site for afternoon tea, the rest of the week more and more of the same. Eat your heart out all those waiting at the airport terminals, quite happy to enjoy our wonderful Country only seen about 10% of it, plenty go at.
One Happy Hector.
Nigel Heathcote

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
Sandringham feels like a second home to me
smiley-innocent.gif
and I have used both the CC and CCC sites. Of the two I always feel more relaxed on the CCC site. The CC site always makes me think of a caravan version of Brookside. The advantage of the CC site is the hardstandings during the winter months as the grass on the CCC site is a bit threadbare and can be muddy in wet weather. Like the OP I get a bit wound up about people taking short cuts across pitches but I find that most people who caravan on a regular basis respect other peoples space.

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
When i went to the sandringham CC site with my fiance i found it to be really nice, never been before but me and my fiance enjoyed the walks. Sandringham has great facilities!! I like the fact the fish and chip van came around, nice fish and chips i have to say!
The sandringham estate was great, we hit great weather when we where there, deffinatly go back. It was a 6 and half hour journey but worth it!

Feb 16, 2009
Visit site
Yeh! we had great weather last year, only downer was the performance by England against the USA, good job we were at Sandringham cheered us up enormously. We are lucky coming from Cheshire take us around 4 hours due to only using A roads for most of the journey, hopefully arrive around 12-30 should be pitched up and awning erected for 3-30 then good walk with the dogs through the woods to club for a snifter, then home for dinner. Before then though just the little matter of my Daughters wedding this Friday, getting rather hectic here at the moment can’t wait to chill out next week.
NigelH

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
Lord Braykewynde said:
Heethers said:
Wife and the Dogs can't wait to be in the forest walking

Take care with the ticks. Sandringham was the worse place we've been for them.

Also beware of large amounts of dog excreta on the paths close to the CC and CCC sites
smiley-frown.gif
and keep an eye open incase the autumn dog illness strikes again this year as it has been doing.

Feb 16, 2009
Visit site
Got the tick remover and the chemical to stop the ticks, heard about the dog illness earlier this year not just at Sandringham, also reported at Clumber Park Nottingham and a few other forests, not sure if they got to the bottom of it. Been to Sandringham not had any problems with dogs getting ill they are both fully vaccinated, always check for ticks after every walk.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts