Sandy Balls

jo3

Jul 3, 2007
Visit site
We have booked a week for Easter at Sandy Balls in our tourer and were wondering what people think of it, particularly at a time of year when the weather could well be iffy.
We have 2 boys, 5 and 8 and both outgoing, and we enjoy cycling, swimming etc.
Jo

Aug 11, 2007
Visit site
You will love it. Everything you could need is on site and regardless of the weather you will have enough to do. Lovely area if you do move of site.

Nov 13, 2007
Visit site
Love it too. Very well done for such a large holiday park, much more class than a Haven or a Holbourne site we've been to (IMO)

Prior to kids and buying the van, we'd never go to the same place twice as the worlds a big place...........but we're now planning our third trip to Sandy balls.

That said..........it's awful during the school hols, packed but isnt everywhere? Once the sprogs start schools CLs all way I think, I'm just too anti social to be around that many people and their kids.

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Hi all
We’re heading to Sandy Balls on Easter Monday for 4 nights. It’s our first proper trip as a family (me, myself and our 5 year old) so am hoping it’s going to be good – I love camping but my wife is yet to be convinced!
If anyone had any tips for getting the most from the site (e.g. best time to go swimming in the busy season etc.) – that would be really helpful.
I see there are lots of craft activites for the children normally, although the website hasn’t got a list of whats on when – does anyone know where I can find this?
Many thanks

Brad

Jun 14, 2009
Visit site
Jo,
A little tip on security if you venture out into the New Forest. There are numerous car parks around the forest and obviously they are quite secluded. We witnessed some lads breaking into a cars and taking items that had been left on view. The police informed us that gangs cruises around the car parks looking for easy pickings. I don't want to put you off, just be careful!!!

Jun 14, 2009
Visit site
Nigel Donnelly said:
I think you will find the naturist feature was in a rival magazine...

Thats a magazine where it all hangs out, and PC is a magazine where only we hang out!!!
smiley-wink.gif

TRENDING THREADS