Santa-Fe, CR-V or X-Trail

Aug 6, 2006
Visit site
I was finding it difficult to pick between the X-Trial and CR-V (have tested both), then I found the Santa-Fe has been updated and looks very similar in spec to the other two.

It's my first towcar (and will be bought new). I know about the reliability of the nissan and Honda, but what about the santa-fe?

Also looking after real worl running costs or comments on the X-trail/CR-V.

Thanks

Clive

Jun 11, 2005
Visit site
Hi,

the old Santa Fe was gaineda good reputation so I would expect the new one to be even better. I have Sorento (04) and it has been totaly reliable and pulls like a tank. CRV and X-trail are good cars, thought of the Sportage or Tucson.

Jun 26, 2006
Visit site
I recently brought a diesel CRV new having also looked at the X Trail. In summary very happy with the choice, the CRV is more car like to drive and better for the wife to drive in town, also more room for the children. The x trail in comparison feels like the better 4x4 but lacks the interior space and interestingly is quite a bit lighter than the CRV. I tow a coachman amara 520/4 and it all feels very stable despite being over the 85% match. I average 27 mpg towing and around 35-40 mpg minus van. Never looked at the hyundai as the old model had poor reviews and the new model also has had less than flattering reviews for road manners.

Apr 4, 2006
Visit site
Hi Clive,

I have the new santa fe and tow an Avondale 650-6 (1700kg laden) and find that it tows that very well(not perfect but acceptable). I have the 7 seat version as this gives it self leveling suspension. Towed down to cornwall with an ave of 25mpg. just dotting around town 35-38mpg ave, however on a motorway (solo) at a steady 60-65mph I got an average of 45mpg. Now for a 4x4 that is 1850kg that's good going.

PS I changed form a sorento to the santa fe. I still like the Sorento, however the MPG was killing me.

May 3, 2006
Visit site
Hi Clive,

I have the new santa fe and tow an Avondale 650-6 (1700kg laden) and find that it tows that very well(not perfect but acceptable). I have the 7 seat version as this gives it self leveling suspension. Towed down to cornwall with an ave of 25mpg. just dotting around town 35-38mpg ave, however on a motorway (solo) at a steady 60-65mph I got an average of 45mpg. Now for a 4x4 that is 1850kg that's good going.

PS I changed form a sorento to the santa fe. I still like the Sorento, however the MPG was killing me.
Hi ALL

Have been using the Santa Fe for just over 3 years, towing an Avondale Land Ranger 6400. It has performed extremely well giving very good returns on MPG. If I upgrade, I will go for the new Santa Fe 2.2D

It also comes with a full 5Year warranty, has to be worth a look.

Regards

Les

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts