Santa fe MPG?

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Hi, I am about to order a new Santa Fe 2.2 CRDI and would like to here from anyone regarding real world mpg figures with/without a caravan on the back. I am undecided on a manual or auto version, any comments would be appreciated.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Alan,
I have a 2010 2.2 5-door Premium manual - just coming up to first service. It has done 8000 miles, half of which is towing. I keep a spreadsheet of fuel consumption (sad eh?) - mainly to see if anything changes / a problem might be brewing. Since new it has done 31mpg overall; 25mpg towing and 37.5mpg solo. Obviously there is a lot of variation in towing figures - 20mpg on the single-carriageway to Scarborough / A30 in Cornwall; 27+ on the M5 to Cornwall.
I tow a 2011 Eccles Ruby and tend to do 60 on the m-ways.
It's a great car - especially the Premium spec.
Enjoy if you get one.

Neal

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Thanks Neal, I am now searching for a good deal on a new premium manual which I think will give me the edge over the auto for towing. Incidently what did you do about your towbar? Factory fit or aftermarket?
Alan

Mar 2, 2010
Visit site
We had a test drive and were very impressed,twas the 7 seater but the dealer in Banbury wouldnt move much on the price and quoted a 12 week delivery,this was in March.If you get a good deal I would be interested in knowing where you went.The spec is very upmarket and it was a dream to drive.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I've just test driven one and was disappointed. It's the only car I've come across which has cruise control which does not include a speed limiter - valuable round here where the limit changes at every corner. I found accelerator and brake pedals too close together - althogh this may be my size 11's and the first drive in a new car. The push on push off foot brake is not as good as the Mercedes push on pull off with a separate handle.
There is a long wait at the moment and a published price rise. Search the Hyundai website for used vehicles and you will find some low mileage demo vehicles. The 5 seat Premium seems to have the best spec. Auto works well but the ball limit is only 80 kg against 100 for manual for no very good reason.

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
I have just took the bull by the horns and ordered a 5 seat premium manual through an online broker.The car is main dealer supplied and after paying the brokers fees I am still making a saving of over £2500 on the list price with an expected delivery in late July.As previously said local dealers are not giving much discount due to the fact that they can sell as many as they can get which is not helped by the long delivery times.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Alan,
Sorry for the delay in replying - not been on the pc for a day or two. I had a Witter bar fitted by the dealer; far more cost effective than factory fit, and I already had a Witter bike-rack.
Ref a bit more opinion on some of the others comments; I have size 11 feet as well and drive in walking boots on occasion and have not had an issue (depends on how I sit versus others I suppose?); the foot "handbrake" is only on the auto, not the manual - at least it's not on my manual!
Still happy with it, towed again last weekend - very breezy on the M62, but solid as a rock.
Try the SG Petch website - they have deals on occasionally - mine was exceptional (traded in an 08 Sorento).
Update if you get one?
Cheers,

Neal

Oct 24, 2007
Visit site
Hi alan
Hope you get yours ok, as I had ordered mine from a broker who told me 3 mths wait, then after the 3 mths said there was a problem & it was to cost me more than his quoted price & I would have to order again & wait another 3 mths, not at all please told them to stick it & got my deposit back, went in the end to a main dealer who took of over £1200 for the model & colour I wanted,& put a couple of bits in free including a tank of fuel waited only three weeks so in the end got what I wanted but cost a little more,
well pleased with it solo & towing, 7seater manual

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Hi Mick,
Sorry to here your story,online brokers seem to be a bit of a mine field as I found out after a week of surfing the net.Some brokers insist on pre registering the car so you become the second owner and withhold the V5 for 6 months (to be avoided) but the discounts are good.What I did was use an established broker to introduce me to a main dealer who gave me a purchase contract the same as any dealer would give you but at a discounted price.The broker only takes his fees when I have ordered the car through the dealer i.e.no sale no fees.I will be the first registered keeper and was told by dealer that the car should arrive in july possibly june(but I will try not to get to optimistic on the delivery!)Also I am protected by the contract with the dealer against any price increases and any excessive delays in delivery.Trying to get a Santa Fe, and at a discount is not easy at the moment but I think if you persivere it should be possible without risk or else I've made a big mistake!

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Latest update............Collected my Santa Fe from the dealer on the 16th July, a week earlier than promised. Martin at Motorfair (Birmingham) collected me from the train station and could not be more helpful. Drove the 130 odd miles home, some motorway and some A roads and the trip computer indicated 42 mpg ! I am very pleased with my Santa Fe and am looking forward to my first caravan outing in a couple of weeks.
Thanks for all your helpful comments,
Alan

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Hi Alan sorry this is late i went to pick a caravan cover and he had a Santa Fe but he had it converted to gas and he said he never look back with the mpg and he tows a big caravan just come back from hols

Mar 2, 2010
Visit site
For anyone intersested in a Hyundai,they do an Affinity scheme if you have a relative with a blue badge that brings the price down a lot,they don't seem to tell customers if you don't know about it.The discount is 18% off list price and also the options according to my quote

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts