Santander Roscoff

Apr 13, 2009
Visit site
Hi all, thinking of 2 weeks in July to tour this route. anyone have recommends for a first stop once off the boat. I have a Caravan Club Europe 1 book, but we are ready to take advices, thanks in anticipation.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Assuming you are primarily touring France not Spain, a good first stop would be La Rouletta at St Jean de Luz, just into France - exit 2 on the autoroute. A very friendly site, much beloved by those of us you winter in Spain and with lots to see and do in the vicinity if that's what you want; good facilities (except only 5 amp EHU) and a big Le Clerc very close by. The north coast of Spain, Santandar to Irun is not over scenic and with only two weeks I woud get into France sooner rather than later (but fill the tank on the way in). From there north, lots to choose from but you may just be hitting the French holiday season - check on the Michelin website - and prices may well go up and availbility down. The stretch north of the border has good beaches but just inland is pretty flat until you get up to Dax area, where you can mix and match. A nice small site is Lou Boscu in the book under Dax. Friendly, English spoken (better than my French anyway) things to do / see towards coast and inland.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts