sargent 310 alarm

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Whilst opening the caravan ( Coachman VIP 2014) a week or two ago, my alarm fob, for the Sargent 310 alarm system, would not disarm the system, so had to use the wifes set of keys.
New batteries fitted, still nothing, cleaned the contacts refittd batteries, still nothing, being a bit loath to buy a new fob, which says " Comes with instructions to pair with your unit" . Cant find instruction on how to pair the fob, nothing on Google etc.
Help please.
Hutch

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Isn't that "giving in", but never thought of the obvious, seeing as its not on their website. Ok thing to do tomorrow No. 4

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Hi,WC, thats the alarm, my alarm fob slowly started to stop working, making me suspect, the batteries, so replaced them, then swopping with the wifes fob batteries, cleaned all contacts, found the website that says , the new fob comes with reprogramming instructions, but nothing on their website.
Phone them tomorrow, after 1, Paint bedroom doors, 2 lay new carpet in front bedroom, 3, take dogs to vet for annual shots, 4 Ring Sargent, 5 get caravan and fit new Custom fit, Memory Foam Mattress, that arrived today,
Oh yes and remember to get the Roses for the wife that I forgot today. But lunch was good, reclaimed Brownie points there.
Happy Valentines Day.

Feb 3, 2008
Visit site
Our van has the alarm system from Keen Electronics (see here) and when the fob went wrong (LED light stayed on) last year we were requested to return the electronic box (which unplugs from its mounting plate by use of a key) and both fobs. They provided a new fob and reprogrammed both fobs to the unit free of charge. Excellent service and only took a couple of days.

Having the remote control for the awning light built in is brilliant. :lol:

Nov 6, 2006
Visit site
Hutch - I don't think any re-programming is necessary, unless you buy a new remote. This is an extract from my caravan handbook for this alarm. Later it mentions that battery life is about 1 year and range is 6 metres.

Battery - key fob
The STINGER 310 key fob controllers use
two lithium button cells (CR 2032) in each key
fob. Please note that excessive use of the
LED torch will reduce the life of the batteries
considerably.
To replace the batteries, firstly remove the four
cross head screws from the underside of the
fob, then pull apart the two halves of the fob.
Remove the used batteries from the lower half
of the case, then insert the new batteries in the
same manner, noting that the battery positive
faces away from the green circuit board.
Now reassemble the fob casing and refit the
screws, taking care not to over tighten.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Thanks Chris, thats not quite the problem, the fob is totally dead. I recieved a msg from Sargent this morning telling me how to reset the fob, you open up the master box and there is a small button to press, a blue led lights up, press the on/off button on the fob, hopefully the led will start blinking then goes steady and hopefully the fob is reset to the alarm.
Hutch.

Nov 6, 2006
Visit site
Thanks for that Hutch - it will go straight into my 'might need that one day' library !
I wonder if this re-set might mine - sometimes the alarm beeps on set/unset, other times nothing.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Chris and others,
Learn the key fobs - locate and press the learn button
Referring to the diagram below, locate the learn button on the circuit board inside the alarm case.
Press and release the button.
A blue LED will illuminate next to the button to indicate learn mode, which will stay enabled for 20 sec.
Holding the new key fob about 1 metre away from the alarm system, press and hold the Arm / Disarm
button until the blue LED starts flashing.
Release the key fob button, the blue LED will start flashing faster to indicate a successful learn, and
then extinguish.
The procedure is now complete.
Repeat the process for any additional fobs.
LEARN
BUTTON View looking into the
top of the alarm
system showing the
circuit board
Reassemble the alarm case
Place the battery back on top of the alarm chassis in the same position as before removal.
Slide the alarm lid over the chassis,

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Erasing all key fob codes (use with caution)
If you need to clear the key fob codes due to loss of a fob or for other reasons please proceed as follows:
Before you start, please ensure you have all the required key fobs available, as you will need to re-learn
them at the end of this procedure.
Open the alarm case as described above
Press and hold the learn button until the blue LED comes on, continue to hold the button until the blue
LED extinguishes.
Release the learn button whilst watching the LED.
The LED should give a quick flash (about ½ second) to confirm a successful erase.
If the LED comes on for more than ½ second (usually about 2 seconds) then erase has failed and should
be repeated.
When the erase process is successful, you can re-learn the new key fobs as described above.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts