Sargent AS310 alarm issues

Nov 23, 2020
Visit site
Hi All, my Sargent AS310 Stinger alarm does not sound during set and deactivate. It is supposed to emit one beep on set and two beeps on deactivate. However it doesn’t sound the beeps and only activates the running lights of the caravan ( one flash and two flashes)
I have tried the reset procedure ( many times) and tried to make the sound work in the programming mode ( no beeps so have to watch the PIR sensor whilst in programme mode)
I know that it can be returned to Sargent for a fixed price repair but this is expensive and you have to use a courier. Has anybody got any thought on sorting this myself. The internal battery is stamped 26/04/2017. I believe it’s still ok
Very frustrating,
Many thanks for any thoughts,
Jhs

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
It might be a battery issue, you could try another battery. Otherwise if you want it to work correctly you might have to bite the bullet and return it to Sargent.

On another recent thread, it was mentioned that insurers get rather fussy if the policy was issued on the basis of having a working alarm but the owner failed to keep it functioning. or cancelled or defaulted on having it monitored.

Jul 17, 2008
clogcaravanlog.blogspot.com
I had the same problem and returned it for repair, it was very fast service. My one was on a 2017 lunar clubman and I don't think that had worked properley since new. The beeps are so loud now, I hate to think what the alarm would be like.

Oct 15, 2022
Visit site
I have had the same problem with my Sargent alarm system. I also tried the reset and it still didn’t bleep when activating the alarm. Cost of repair if I was going to send it to Sargent was £150 so I decided to delve deeper into the alarm by taking the whole thing apart, which was quite easy as it’s only held together by plastic push/pull plugs. Found the issue through. The metal vibration disc which is stuck on the alarm speaker had vibrated loose, so with a little superglue and a bit drying time before I put it all back together the alarm is as good as new. I would say this is a job for a good DIY person

Attachments

• 33A94DA4-0999-4C3B-A454-529C2BE2BC22.jpeg
    33A94DA4-0999-4C3B-A454-529C2BE2BC22.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 46
  • 9009F5C3-4746-438C-A74A-A66125320640.jpeg
    9009F5C3-4746-438C-A74A-A66125320640.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 40
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 39
Apr 10, 2008
Visit site
I have had the same problem with my Sargent alarm system. I also tried the reset and it still didn’t bleep when activating the alarm. Cost of repair if I was going to send it to Sargent was £150 so I decided to delve deeper into the alarm by taking the whole thing apart, which was quite easy as it’s only held together by plastic push/pull plugs. Found the issue through. The metal vibration disc which is stuck on the alarm speaker had vibrated loose, so with a little superglue and a bit drying time before I put it all back together the alarm is as good as new. I would say this is a job for a good DIY person
Just out of curiosity, did u stick the vibration disc down hard onto the speaker or did it have a bit of a wobble. Reason am asking is the same has happened to ours.. I pressed it down and the alarm went loud but since it’s been glued it’s gone quiet again…

Apr 23, 2023
Visit site
I realise this is a bit of an old thread now but was wondering if anyone had replaced the internal 4.8v battery with an aftermarket one? £48 from sargent seems excessive, can get 4.8v rechargeable batteries on amazon for £12. Only concern i have is that on sargent website it states it is a 4.8v 9AH spec and alternative ones are around 2400mA. Is that related to the recharging capacity? Will buy an original if i have to but cant help thinking its just an expensive battery. I also have the chirp issue but when hooked up to 230v the chirp will work again after a couple of hours, leisure battery is brand new and also have a solar panel on roof so all i can think is that the internal batteries are no longer holding charge.

Aug 14, 2020
Visit site
The alternative battery you have found has about a quarter of the capacity (2.4Ah) of the original (9Ah) hence it'll last about a quarter the time when powering the alarm.
The sargent replacement seems to be the going rate for that capacity and may be a little cheaper (Sargent include delivery) than this which looks to be a direct replacement.
Here's another one at approximately half the capacity that looks like it would fit but you'd need to splice the original connector onto the flying leads.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts