sat nav

Nov 14, 2006
Visit site
Hi Just come back from weekend trip towing with Navara for the first time, built in Sat nav a nightmare. not user friendly does not let u put in the post codes. Is there an easier way to use this sat nav or am i missing something.:(

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
If you are referring to Nissan's Birdview navigation system, then I'm afraid you are stuck with it and you'll just have to try and learn to love it. I had a TomTom on my previous car and, IMHO, it is far in advance of the Nissan system. The lack of post codes alone is a big loss, but other factors like not being able to download your favourite POIs, like speed cameras, supermarkets, campsites, etc. make it very much a poor relation. The only saving grace is the fact that it is built-in and, in theory, is reasonably theft-proof is one advantage.

Mar 26, 2008
Visit site
Zbungle is correct, you are not able to download and customize the Nissan system as it's a custom build mapping display by Navteq for Nissan.

Being serial wanderers when on holiday one of the best features of PND Satnavs such as Tom Tom and Garmin is the ability to slip it in a pocket or bag and wander about without the fear of getting lost whilst being able to find local land marks, shops and services such as post offices and cash points or even a hospital. Built in satnavs just add to vehicle depreciation, when we sold a Renault van with built in satnav we got no more for it than another without satnav.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts