Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
hi i wonder if anyone can help i have a sky reciver which we no longer use i what i would like to do is take it away in the van i relise that i willhave to subscribe again which is my question is will i need a larger dish to recive bbc/itv in spain-south of france and how easy is it to set up i am not the brightest spark when it comes things like this thanks for any help or sujestions

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Have a look on Dave Sullivans website just google Caravan Satellite.You do need a bigger dish and as good an LNB as you can afford for southern Spain.You can save about a third of the price if you buy in Spain as we did.

Dec 24, 2003
Visit site
Hello Peter.You will need a card from Sky to receive ITV,Ch4 & Ch5.All of the BBc programmes can be viewed without a card. We use a 90cm dish and a low noise LNB for Spain...perfect picture (better than home!). Did try standard Sky minidish but could only get Skynews and BBc parliament(!!!).

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Peter.

Look at David Sullivan's exellent site.

www.sattelliteforcaravans.co.uk. It will tell you all you need to know and more.

good luck

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
You don't need a subscription in order to receive BBC or the ITV News Channel. For all other ITV programmes you do. However, once you get into the far south of France and even more so in Spain, you will need a fairly large dish (about 90cm) in order to get a lot of channels properly. Have a look under http://www.ses-astra.com/market/british_isles/tvradio/index.shtml All channels on Astra 2D will require a larger dish, those on Astra 2 will get by with a mini-dish, even in Spain. It also tells you which channels are 'free-to-view', i.e. where you don't need a subscription. When setting up it's easiest to have a look where someone else's dish is pointing to for initial rough adjustment. Fine adjustment is easiest with a field strength meter. They're cheap and well worth the money. Setting can be a bit fiddly at first until you've had some practice but then you should be able to do it in under 10 minutes. Best watch how someone does it for you the first time if you're uncertain.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
web site www.satelliteforcaravans.co.uk will give you all the information you want about your request. An excellent site run by a caravanner.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts