Satellite navigation

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Is there a Satellite Nav system that can be programmed for towing the caravan.

I have had some hairy mis-directions, people coming towards me look aghast, definitely challenging!!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Hymerman

Unfortunitly, Satnav systems don't currently allow for towing, however you can try www.pocketgps.co.uk this site will give you advice on how to get the best out of your gps system and if there are any points of interests you can download, identifying low bridges thin roads etc. There's also a forum you can joint to ask questions

Hope this is helpful

Matthew

May 5, 2005
Visit site
have a Garmin Street Pilot and there is an option for vehicle I use lorry when I have caravan eliminates U turns and hopefully tight roads altho I would not rely on it absolutelyn on this point

May 12, 2005
Visit site
I live in the lakes and saw a huge Carlsbergh Larger lorry tryto go over Hardknot Pass, he got around the first four bends then could go niether forward or back, the "Proffesional driver" blamed his sat nav system, I would only use sat nav only in conjunction with a map. Tony A.

Aug 31, 2005
Visit site
Have used sat nav for many years; don't leave home without it! However, I now set it actively go the quickest route and use motorways whenever possible. I do however agree with the comment that you MUST use it in concunjtion with a map; it's too easy to get stuck towing the 8m caravan and ending up down a one way...

John

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts