satellite suitcase dish

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
thelma65

I know that probably a 60 cm dish will be the best but i dont want to get that size if i can get away with it!
has anyone used one of the suitcase variety that comes with about a 40cm dish ??
Will this size be able to pick up a picture ok?

anybosy got any experience if this size dish will work ok before i buy one?

Apr 7, 2008
Visit site
Have you had a look on Here ??
With a dish so small it will be like trying to find a needle in a haystack unless you have a very good satfinder for locating the correct satellite..........
Some of the suitcase ones are only 38cm dia

You could buy THIS

The only small dish you could maybe get away with is a Multimo ??

Mar 2, 2010
Visit site
Hi Carl as posted here http://www.practicalcaravan.com/forum/equipment-accessories/satelite-kit-under-%C2%A3100?page=1 I have always got a picture and so have many others.Sir Roger also uses the same set but is on holiday at the moment.I am certain you won't have a problem once you have had a little practice.I have also read that the bigger the dish the harder it is to get a signal.
Best wishes to you

Jan 28, 2008
Visit site
I bought a suitcase type from LIDL about 3 years ago. What a waste of time and money.........I did manage to get 1 english channel as long as I held the dish in my hand whilst standing on the step of the caravan, but that was only once!. I gave up after that.
I decided to splash out on a dish /tripod/ sat finder etc. at the show in Feb this year with a promise from the salesman that I would have no difficulty finding channels. Yeah ! right !
I have managed to find 1 german channel so far (no!...a quiz show !!) as long as I am on my drive at home. Anybody got any ideas as to what I am doing wrong ?

Jan 28, 2008
Visit site
I bought a suitcase type from LIDL about 3 years ago. What a waste of time and money.........I did manage to get 1 english channel as long as I held the dish in my hand whilst standing on the step of the caravan, but that was only once!. I gave up after that.
I decided to splash out on a dish /tripod/ sat finder etc. at the show in Feb this year with a promise from the salesman that I would have no difficulty finding channels. Yeah ! right !
I have managed to find 1 german channel so far (no!...a quiz show !!) as long as I am on my drive at home. Anybody got any ideas as to what I am doing wrong ?

Apr 7, 2008
Visit site
Bigfoot said:
Have a look here
how to install your satellite

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
If you are getting German channels then chances are you've got the dish pointing in the wrong direction. Most German channels are on the 19.2° East satellite and English channels at 28.2° East.

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
Bosch_Dave said:
Have you got the correct azimuth setting ?
For a given location, the difference in azimuth setting from one satellite to another is negligible (at least for the popular satellites that we are likely to aim at here in Europe).

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
We have a suitcase one with a Comag receiver and it works very well and easy to set up. Picture quality very good and usually signal quality and strength about plus 70%.
Our friends took their one to France this year and I helped him set his up - we were down in the Loire region and picture was great.
All you need is a compass ( can do it with a signal finder but need to know what direction initially) to set the Azimuth, usually somewhere around 145 / 146 degrees magnetic, set the dish vertical and the LNB has to be rotated about 10 degrees to obtain a good signal.
Alan

Jan 28, 2008
Visit site
Flippin' heck! Thanks for the replies. All a bit technical for me...I struggle with a mobile phone.
I'll try next again week in Brecon.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts