SatNav

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi rob

Thanks for your reply re the traffic alerts. I think I'll go for the subscription service.

I'm really pleased with my Tom Tom, I'm so glad I bought it.

Lisa

May 10, 2007
Visit site
Lisa.

TomTom is a fine product.

Before you sign up to a UK subscription TMC service you might care to check out some of the numerous Satnav forums like this forum.

The area you live and travel from may be in one of the many black spots or you may live in an area where there is little coverage and travel in such areas.

I would also advise that you ask some forum users with your Tom Tom how they get on with it and ask questions about the vehicle you will use it in. For instance some Fords and Renault's have reception issues re their windows.

James

May 21, 2008
Visit site
Yes there are issues with Renault and Ford regarding their heated front screens interfearing with reception.

My Laguna doesn't have a heated screen and the Garmin works fine.

Why not pop to your friendly Halfords and ask for a demo in your car to see if it works before you buy. of coarse you can then purchase your model from elsewhere if it's cheaper knowing that it actually works.

steve L.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts