saving diesel

Mar 21, 2006
Visit site
I drive a hyundai terracam 2.9 cdxi have been looking at a device to convert water and caustic soda to hydrogen this will be done in two cells using electro magnetic plates powered from my battery the hho gas as it is known will be introduced into the air intake that mixes with the diesel before it burns in the cylinders the on board computer would be adjusted to allow for the extra volume of air and gas sothat this would not compensate by using more diesel a switch inside the car then allows manual adjustment of the diesel to lower the amount of diesel going into the engine with the gas making up the differance for combustion i have searched the web can find no negative comments checked and am told will notaffect insurance' Is anyone using this or has heard of it. is costing £ 420 fully fitted 30 day money back garanttee

JTQ

May 7, 2005
Visit site
Stop and think for a second:

It requires a lot of energy to release the hydrogen from its affinity with oxygen in water.

So why should it release more energy recombining in your diesel engine.

Even if both processes were 100% efficient the net gain would be zero. However they will not be 100% so it is a parasitical loss resulting in burning even more diesel fuel.

What it is very efficient at is relieving

Jul 15, 2005
Visit site
Hi William,

In my professional life I design process control systems for petrochemical refineries, and represent the UK at Brussels on fuel (technical) standards - and I'm sorry but the HHO device just won't work.

I'd agree with everything JTQ says - and if you want authoritative reviews of these and many other such devices, I'd recommend you read the American EPA review of so-called fuel saving devices:

http://www.epa.gov/otaq/consumer/reports.htm
But in summary - devices such as magnets wrapped around fuel lines, inlet manifold air vanes that improve the air flow, fuel catalysts, and so on - generally don't work.

Replacing the engine, gearbox and drive-train oil with the best specification, lowest viscosity oil recommended for your vehicle, regular maintenance, correct tyre pressures and careful driving will help.

Chip-tuning (ECU re-map) to increase engine torque (for around

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts