scary today

May 27, 2014
Visit site
Had a nice wee run up to the green welly today in tyndrum on my scooter - a female driver of an estate car towing a caravan was leaving the car park with the tailgate of the car fully opened - I tried in vein to attract her attention - she turned left onto the a82 and to my utter amazement the family dog plus all sorts of luggage was visible in the boot - I sincerely hope that the driver noticed that the tailgate was open before anything sinister occurred

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
We travel with the top tailgate open on our Range Rover when bimbling around country lanes, but we do have a secondary gate inside which keeps the dogs in. This gate is lockable so the boot can be left open when parked, too.
Perhaps that car had one too?

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Gabsgrandad said:
Well, if you can drive your vehicle without seeing the internal mirror, then good 'look' to you!
It's a bit like flying. You feel the clouds below are Terra Firma.
Seeing the caravan in the rear view mirror tells me it is still there. :)
Actually what's new?
Caravan or no caravan surely you make use of all your mirrors? :huh:

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
I see my caravan is still there in the car's door mirrors and the view behind the caravan in the internal mirror mounted screen for the camera which is mounted on the rear of the caravan.

Mar 13, 2007
Visit site
Dustydog said:
Gabsgrandad said:
Well, if you can drive your vehicle without seeing the internal mirror, then good 'look' to you!
It's a bit like flying. You feel the clouds below are Terra Firma.
Seeing the caravan in the rear view mirror tells me it is still there. :)
Actually what's new?
Caravan or no caravan surely you make use of all your mirrors? :huh:
or may be not :woohoo: perhaps thats was the reason for fitting a rear view camera. :whistle: if it goes blank the vans come off. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
I found that when I left the back open it pulled in the exhaust fumes and made the inside of the car quite unpleasant - I was carrying some timber board home from the timber yard at the time.

Mar 8, 2009
Visit site
In my 3 previous Freelanders the handbook deliberately stated - "do not drive with the rear window down as exhaust fumes may be drawn in", despite this I see many Freelander 1's motoring with this window down,

Oct 7, 2008
Visit site
Depending on which side of the road we are on i angle the interior mirror left or right to give a view through either ,rear side windows , works for me .Bonjour

TRENDING THREADS