Scooter battery readings

Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
I have a Shoprider Valencia GK10. Just recently become aware that the reading on the battery gauge shows just a few bars available but on starting it shows full bars so do not know how far I can go with it .I have found that turning the speed dial too full at times made no difference in fact thought it was going to run out of puff. I charge it for twelve hours a time and never run it flat. Have been quoted £160 for the two batteries.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Can't help on Diagnosis as there is so much concerned, and it really needs hands on. I recently replaced the wife's two batteries in her Pride Rapid scooter each are 12volt, 22amph.
The scooter was showing full bars but just no power, Batteries were supposed to be two years old, but. !!! Replaced them and it's back to full power, I charge her chariot every other day for 6 hours.
Edit. I got the two batteries for £79.99.

I think this is your size. BUT double check.

Last edited:
Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
I was quoted £stupid for a replacement battery. However, it was a simple job to remove the housing screws and replace them with two AGM motorbike batteries with a larger capacity than the original. This was about half the price.

I suspect you have an electronic issue which is messing with your readout.

John

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Can't help on Diagnosis as there is so much concerned, and it really needs hands on. I recently replaced the wife's two batteries in her Pride Rapid scooter each are 12volt, 22amph.
The scooter was showing full bars but after just no power, Batteries were supposed to be two years old, but. !!! Replaced them and it's back to full power, I charge her chariot every other day for 6 hours.

That’s the ones Hutch. Got my super high powered AH ones from them, extended range and long warranty. Sadly she’s now in the loft but the batteries are in the sorksho0 getting the odd charge.

Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
The two 12 volt 36ah Gel battery's are £170 free delivery. From SLK
You are correct as I did look on the Web also went to take out the batteries to see what what. Only to find that neither of them would come out of their case.It seems that they have stuck in the bottom or is there another reason. Went on line and saw numerous types but not mine in how to take out.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
You are correct as I did look on the Web also went to take out the batteries to see what what. Only to find that neither of them would come out of their case.It seems that they have stuck in the bottom or is there another reason. Went on line and saw numerous types but not mine in how to take out.
They are not stuck down but secured with Velcro tape. When I replaced our batteries I also replaced the Velcro. Well you have to! To remove from the casing just wiggle the batteries sideways and the Velcro seal will break. Do you really need Gel instead of lead acid? Like Hutch mine came from SLK no where the price your dealer has quoted you..
If you are near the Cotswolds I’d be happy to help you fit new ones.

Last edited:
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
The scooter was showing full bars but just no power, Batteries were supposed to be two years old, but. !!! Replaced them and it's back to full power, I charge her chariot every other day for 6 hours.

Thanks for the information about your batteries very reasonable when i need some for my Pride Scooter

Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
They are not stuck down but secured with Velcro tape. When I replaced our batteries I also replaced the Velcro. Well you have to! To remove from the casing just wiggle the batteries sideways and the Velcro seal will break. Do you really need Gel instead of lead acid? Like Hutch mine came from SLK no where the price your dealer has quoted you..
If you are near the Cotswolds I’d be happy to help you fit new ones.
Many thanks for that, I was worried I might break something pulling so hard,

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
The Pride Rapid battery box how do you open it do you have turn upside down and take the screws out and then it should open
Yes all eight screws and the top and bottom will part. The batteries are sealed so no fluid spillage. Renew the double sided Velcro tape on the bottom of the casing and bottom of the new battery. The Velcro holds the battery in place within the box

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Yes all eight screws and the top and bottom will part. The batteries are sealed so no fluid spillage. Renew the double sided Velcro tape on the bottom of the casing and bottom of the new battery. The Velcro holds the battery in place within the box
Hi Dusty thanks for your input on this matter (y)

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Now i have this winch on my car to help me to load my mobility scooter well this morning from 10 .30am been going back and fro .
My battery box on my scooter it should be able to detach well that was fun the winch bracket was, to close to the battery box and it would not detach and i needed a alloy key to undo the bolts so i rang my dealer bring it in we will try, but really it for , The Adaption Company aci . so i was thinking i might have a go found some alloy keys and great one fitted the bolts . just to say the battery box now comes of my scooter great now i can try and put my new batteries when they come .

Reactions: otherclive
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Hi Dusty looking at You tube is this correct i have to turn the mobility scooter battery box upside down to take the screws out i will be using some sticky labels so i don"t forget where the screws come out , and then change the batteries .

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Hi Dusty looking at You tube is this correct i have to turn the mobility scooter battery box upside down to take the screws out i will be using some sticky labels so i don"t forget where the screws come out , and then change the batteries .
Hi BB
Yes that’s correct.
I use a piece of cardboard, marked up with positions and poke each screw through the card.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
BB, it will take a few runs and recharges before you get full range from the batteries, Still never seen The wife Chariots lights at anything other than Max, and that's after a test run from Home to The Station Tavern, The Weathercock, The Swan, The Fir Tree and then to The Royal Oak. I popped into the Station, on the way home, as I needed a comfort break.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
BB, it will take a few runs and recharges before you get full range from the batteries, Still never seen The wife Chariots lights at anything other than Max, and that's after a test run from Home to The Station Tavern, The Weathercock, The Swan, The Fir Tree and then to The Royal Oak. I popped into the Station, on the way home, as I needed a comfort break.
Hi Hutch before i put it on charge i check it to see where it was and all the lights lit and then it went on a overnight charge and now on Max probably take it for a spin to the local shop and then a recharge thanks for your advice (y)

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
it had a few runs now and batteries on max so i put the scooter into the car and what a difference going for appointment at the hospital yesterday great

Last edited:
Reactions: Hutch

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts