Scotland report !!!!!!

Feb 3, 2006
Visit site
For the benefit of anyone planning going to Scotland, we have just returned. All CC sites plus 1 CL.

Start with the CL Riverside Perth.... brilliant if you can get in. No showers/toilets but otherwise every bit as good as any club site, all for £6 per night.A brilliant stop over on the way north or a longer stay.

Kinlochewe. Has been criticised for the toilet block but as we don't use them it didn't matter.All hardstanding which is a bit coarse but overall site is well divided up to give a better sense of privacy, brilliant location. Short walk to both the pub and village shop.Fantastic scenery. Less than £10 per night.Good value and good base for walking.

Morvich. All hardstanding, fine grade gravel. Superb scenery around but the majority of pitches on top of each other.Worst chemical toilet disposal I've seen at a CC clubsite.No local shops/pubs within easy walking distance. Good base for walking.

Inverness. Well maintained site but all too together. We were sited near the loo block. Watching a procession of campers in various state of dress armed with washing bag and towel was enough to put me off the idea of communal ablutions, and in some cases, my cornflakes as well.Shops and pups are not within walking distance. Local scenery OK, good base for sightseeing and shopping.

Hope the info is useful to someone out there !

May 12, 2006
Visit site
Just to add to Rioja report. Grantown on Spey good site affiliated to the CC. First rate toilet block heated, with piped music !!!!. Aviemore and the Cairngorms both near by. With Aberlour just along the road.

Braemar CC site very well kept, if you ski you can't beat it, if the Lecht has snow. Both sites a nice easy walk to a pub for food or even drink.

Val & Frank

May 13, 2006
Visit site
Hi Rioja,

I think maybe Frank has got his ski areas confused. The Lecht is quite a distance from the Invercauld at Braemar whereas Glenshee is not far away up the hill.

Rob S.

TRENDING THREADS