Scottish caravan show

May 27, 2014
Visit site
Having won a pair of tickets courtesy of Caravan Times yesterday I took myself along to the secc in Glasgow - having arrived late I didn’t have a great deal of time to look around - from what I did see I was impressed with the Volkswagen T6-1 latest campervan - the VW base van has quality written all over - also impressed with the latest eight foot wide caravans which are extremely roomy - my own little caravan is only six feet six wide so the difference was phenomenal - having spoken to one of the dealer principals he said that overall it was not a particularly good show for actual sales

May 7, 2012
Visit site
We ere there on Friday which seemed quite busy although not sure what sales were like. There were far more motor homes and camper vans than caravans with only the four current UK makes and Freedom there. Hobby, and Knaus were missing, Adria have never been and Lunar presumably do not have the models ready. Overall a very limited selection.
Looking at what was there Coachman seemed to be the best built and looked good, Bailey look far better built the before and were attractive. Swift looked smart from the outside but the interior was less impressive. Eldiss and Compass looked good and were very light but did not feel as robust. The freedoms were too small for us but do seem to have improved.
Oddest comment of the day was when we were in a Coachman with a transverse bed, a man was in there with his two sons and commented to me that he liked them but the bed was far too short. He was looking for a caravan for the first time andI did show him how it worked though.

TRENDING THREADS