Seasonal Pitch

Sep 28, 2005
Visit site
Can anyone recommend an open-all-year-round site with seasonal pitches up to 2hr from Manchester? Although we take the van off-site and tour occasionally, we have the van sited so we can go straight to site from work on a Friday, go home whenever we want Sunday and spend many schools hols there without having the hassle of getting the van out of storage. This is the best solution for our family (actually, probably one of the best decisions we ever made!) but don't want to spend too many years at the same site (albeit there are some beautiful places we have had the fortune to visit). We are currently in Appleby-in-Westmorland in the Eden Valley.

Aug 25, 2006
Visit site
Hi I, I (no, I don`t stutter) had a look at Riverside C.P in High Bentham earlier in the year.

It is in a pleasant setting ( next to the river - the names a bit of a giveaway!), spacious pitches, good toilet block, small shop, walks from site, easy stroll into the village with more shops and some good (food & drink) pubs.

Well within your range, and once you`re there you`re close to Settle, Clapham, Ingleton etc.

Nov 23, 2007
Visit site
Now then,we use a really nice site near edinburgh.its a bit farther than i like to go but we can manage well.

maybe you would fancy it or do you definitly need to be near manchester?

Mar 2, 2006
Visit site
Hi, I. We have a seasonal site at Snowdon View, Brynrefail, outside Llanberis North Wales. We travel from just outside Liverpool within 90 mins-2hours on a friday night. There are quite a few "mancs" here. We have been here two years and love it. The site has a close in January for six weeks, but is open right through after that. It is a nice site, catering for children, and also has an indoor pool. Last I heard, there was a waiting list for seasonal tourers.

TRENDING THREADS