Seasonal pitches

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Nov 7, 2005
Visit site
What is clear Rodger is that on this particular site alone, far and away the majority of caravanners choose to do their caravanning on a seasonal basis. Surely, it's not for me, you, the cc's or anyone else to obstruct them from doing that...

As RodgerL's figures indicate, the average tourer may use sites 9-10 times a year, but expect sites to sit back and hope they might just turn up occasionally to give them a miserly income. Seasonals, on the other hand, pay up front (albeit at a discount), probably use the site far more often, and even pay for nights they're not there!! Pretty welcome customers, I would say...

May 15, 2006
Visit site
I presume by Ken saying Caravan Club AS site he means Affiliated Site then the club has no say in how it is run beacause it is run privately. The CC have already greatly reduced the number of seasonal pitches allocated on sites during the peak season to free up pitches & theres not usually any more than 10-15 seasonal pitches on any one CC club site, the exception being one in East Sussex, also having been a seasonal customer in the past, as my parents have now got health problems & we share our van, seasonals suited us as my Father could no longer tow, I can also tell you that we did not get the pick of the best pitches in fact we were told by a warden that they place seasonal caravans on the least used/desired pitches on a particular site, when turning up at the site to choose your seasonal pitch there are say 10 pitches already marked out, so you cant say ohh I will have that hard standing over there, & we had to pay upfront so the club were guaranteed that money for the pitch no matter what, so I see no problem with seasonals at all, they are still in demand and sites have to cater for all types of caravaner's. There is however a problem with people booking multiple pitches on-line and not cancelling or turning up.I personally dont like barbeques or ball games on site & I have the choice to pack up & leave or not use it at all but that's purely my view, if someone doesn't like the idea of the clubs having seasonal pitches they have the choice not to renew their membership & use commercial sites. So to sum up I think it's a case of everybodys opinion to their own!

Apr 1, 2008
Visit site
So John, 140 caravanners on the Thetford site had all got the wrong idea about the concept of caravanning, and only 10 do it the way the busy-bodies think they should??? Interesting that...
Sir

you misconstrue I have not brought in the concept of right or wrong I just said I as a club member wasn't asked.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts