Seasonal Pitches

Mar 23, 2008
Visit site
Hi
I am thinking about getting a seasonal pitch for the van over the winter say from November until feb or March. I think that we would get more use from the van during these months if it was on a site rather than having to tow it in snow/wind etc. I am going to get in touch with the site to enquire about a price but does anyone else who has done this have any idea what a fair price would be roughly. P.S the site has little on it eg no shop or club etc.
Many Thanks!

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Hi Francis, I would guess really that all sites will set thier own prices. They will depend on what type of pitch and what facilities are on that site. You are right about making the most use of the caravan during the winter. A lot of people are put off by the towing in the snow. We stop around the end of November because of the winter but it must be really nice sitting in a lovely warm caravan looking out at the early morning frost. Whatever you decide enjoy yourselves.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Hi Francis The site you are looking at will be giving you a fair price bcause it over the winter months this year we have normally pack up by the middle of Oct, but our last outing is on Sat 29th Oct -- Wed 2nd Nov 2011 but then the winter cover will go on the van.

Mar 27, 2010
Visit site
what a good idea we have ours on a summer pitch all season but never thought abt winter time. Any ideas for sites around the north west or midlands.

Mar 23, 2008
Visit site
HI all
Thanks for the opinions and advice we have managed to get a pitch on the site we wanted for 4 months for what I think is a very reasonable price of £450.
Many Thanks

Aug 2, 2006
Visit site
Francis,

Have you had a seasonal pitch before? Would be interested to hear if you enjoy it or not - a seasonal pitch for winter is a really interesting idea!

Cheers

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Francis_374353316 said:
HI all
Thanks for the opinions and advice we have managed to get a pitch on the site we wanted for 4 months for what I think is a very reasonable price of £450.
Many Thanks

Yes, it does seem reasonable especially considering the amount of electric you will be using over the dark cold nights.

Mar 23, 2008
Visit site
Hi Nigel
No we have not had a seasonal pitch before. We are taking the van to the site next week and are hoping ot get alot of use out of it over the winter so I will let you know how we find it.

Feb 16, 2009
Visit site
We are thinking of seasonal pitch for all the spring and Summer Months but can't seem to find one, the ones l have rang have long waiting lists, would appreciate if PC could do a article on them.
NigelH

Feb 16, 2009
Visit site
Lord Brayewynde, Yorkshire dales, North West, and maybe North Wales, we would also look at Herefordshire, l know CC do them but can't seem to get on their web site, will try again later.
NigelH

Feb 16, 2009
Visit site
Yep Hereford is at our limit we live in Cheshire, thats about as far as we would go. Yorkshire looks the best bet but won't rule out North wales but not Anglsea every time weve been its poured down, last time this June gail force winds and rain all week.Thanks for the hereford ones will take a look
NigelH

TRENDING THREADS