Seasonal Pitches!

Jul 3, 2020
Visit site
How on earth do you find the Seasonal Pitches, Best place to look

The idea campsite for me, is basic just electrical hook up, and that's about it. I've seen a couple seasonal pitches but these appear to be on a all Bells and Whistle sites..

I'm a CCM member, and do like their sites in the New Forest but alas they don't release their seasonal pitches until January and its pot luck to get one!

So does anybody know of any possible sites in the New Forest or Dorset area which doesn't charge an arm and leg, which I can secure a seasonal pitch now.

Problem, I can't start booking annual leave for next year until after Christmas, but with how things are going if I have to wait until then and I've got my annual leave sorted, probably lose out on being able to book any pitches.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
How on earth do you find the Seasonal Pitches, Best place to look

The idea campsite for me, is basic just electrical hook up, and that's about it. I've seen a couple seasonal pitches but these appear to be on a all Bells and Whistle sites..

I'm a CCM member, and do like their sites in the New Forest but alas they don't release their seasonal pitches until January and its pot luck to get one!

So does anybody know of any possible sites in the New Forest or Dorset area which doesn't charge an arm and leg, which I can secure a seasonal pitch now.

Problem, I can't start booking annual leave for next year until after Christmas, but with how things are going if I have to wait until then and I've got my annual leave sorted, probably lose out on being able to book any pitches.
Camping in the Forest (Forestry Commision) sites are managed by the C&CC. Normally summer pitches April to October are released around November. The details will appear on the CCC website and booking forms are in the magazine. Several sites in the New Forest, one in Forest of Dean and Scotland. We were booked for Forest of Dean but had to cancel and then Covid closed all of their sites until 2021.

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Perhaps worth searching among private sites via ukcampite, out and about, pitch up etc. These search facilities offer a seasonal pitch filter. That’s how we found ours. The one we are on is not in your chosen area and it’s not cheap. However was worth every penny when we both worked full time and had the pressures and stresses of family demands and day to day life.
mel

Jul 3, 2020
Visit site
We've used Camping in the Forest many times, regulars at Denny Wood when we had the trailer tent and kids were camping with us. Many a good memories but alas they don't allow dogs, and I can't say what we used to refer Mately Wood across the road as, well Alley was part of it!

Settlehorn we stayed at 2 years ago, and yes did enjoy the site and it fitted us and the dogs to a tee. Just don't mention the bog walk we unwisely found ourselves doing...

So will keep an eye out

@Mel

I wil certainly search I picked up a couple on the ukcampsite one, but most are appear to be, the bells and whistle sites, which I don't really like. only one gave a price and that was £4,000 which yes if you're want the bells and whistles, the probably reasonable value.

Know what you mean about work pressures, added to ours, is shift work which includes weekends, at least hubby has a set rota, but alas I do a floating rota, taken 6 years to convince my company that having a set weekend that matches my hubbies was a fair compromise! But hey ho, hubby only got just under 2 years before he retires, unfortunately due to our age difference I get to work for quite a few more years :(

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts