Seasonal pitches

Aug 13, 2020
Visit site
My son has made the bed in our Chrystal Morea using 18mm ply for the base boards and probably a light birch or elm,for the side bearers.we are almost ready for our first short trip.!
We would like to tour but feel that a seasonal pitch may be best.so, if anyone has any thoughts or ideas, about locations,availability it-it would be greatly appreciated.viv

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
My son has made the bed in our Chrystal Morea using 18mm ply for the base boards and probably a light birch or elm,for the side bearers.we are almost ready for our first short trip.!
We would like to tour but feel that a seasonal pitch may be best.so, if anyone has any thoughts or ideas, about locations,availability it-it would be greatly appreciated.viv
Where are you located as I guess that you won’t want to be travelling long distances to make best use of the site and area.

Aug 13, 2020
Visit site
We live in Clevedon, Bs21.
as we are considering a seasonal pitch, I am thinking of a max.
distance of around 150 miles.
we think eastern England may have better weather,so Sussex is a thought.
we like western Wales, Carmarthen,Pembroke, where some parts are thought to be the warmest. Lastly, Cornwall/ Devon- with which we are familiar and may be closer.viv

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Quite a wide choice. The CMHC recently announced their plans fir 2021 seasonalS. If paid in full before early 2021 when vat is still low you get the 5% rate.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
My son has made the bed in our Chrystal Morea using 18mm ply for the base ...
18mm Ply will certainly be strong, but also very heavy. I suggest you check teh weight of Chrystal Morea when it's fully loaded, you might find its over its MTPLM.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
18mm Ply will certainly be strong, but also very heavy. I suggest you check teh weight of Chrystal Morea when it's fully loaded, you might find its over its MTPLM.
For my bed structure used if we make up the rear double it is made of Poplar Ply which weight for weight is stronger than Birch ply. Poplar ply is extensively used in camper van conversions too.

Aug 13, 2020
Visit site
Thanks for the info which I take on board.this is quite a small model,being 4.5 meters.generally we use marine ply but it is expensive.the ply used in the van seems to about half an inch or 12 ply.viv

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for the info which I take on board.this is quite a small model,being 4.5 meters.generally we use marine ply but it is expensive.the ply used in the van seems to about half an inch or 12 ply.viv
Probably poplar ply which is lighter than birch ply but weight for weight it is stronger.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts