Seasonal Pitches

May 9, 2006
Visit site
I am new to caravaning and I have put my caravan on a seasonal pitch. The pitches are new to the site this year but having been to the park several times this year I feel that we are all too close together. One caravan is only 7ft from another one and I am only 10ft from the one behind me. Are there set rules/regs to say how far apart touring caravans should be? Cheers

Jan 2, 2006
Visit site
There most certainly are and thye distances quoted are far to close I cant remember the figures but it is either 20 or 22 feet from the wall of the van to prevent the spread of fire however the regulations alow for an awning to be included in that distance which could reduce it to less than 12 feet which is ridiculous given how flammable an awning is.

You could check the exact details pobably by ringing the caravan club.

Either way this post might start the seasonal pitch debate off again but lets hope not.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
The density of the units allowed on the site should have been determined at the planning stage. I don't think there is any law about distance between units; we all refer to the "20 foot rule" but the clubs obviously make their own rules.

A lot depends on whether or not you are allowed to keep your car next to your caravan. If not, then the caravans can be much closer together. This happens on some sites in Holland and Spain.

I have seen commercial sites so full of tents that the guy ropes were crossed. And tents obviously burn much more easily than caravans. You will probably find that (as is the case so often in life) you get what you pay for. If your seasonal pitch was relatively cheap, then you might pay for it by being closer to your neighbours.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts