seat alhambra, tell me more

Feb 15, 2006
Visit site
id love to hear your comments of your seat alhambra as a towing car.

what year?.

what engine?.

what van you tow?.

what weight is your van.

single or twin wheeler?.

im going to change my grand cherokee jeep soon as i can. it uses 14 mpg around town and proberly about 6 towing, lol.

we will hopefully be getting an alhambra but i wanted some honest advice from you guys first.

thanks

jo-anne

Jul 31, 2006
Visit site
Jo-anne

Click on forum search, enter Alhambra in the subject box, in the posted within box, choose older than 1 month, in the forum box, choose towcars.

you'll then find plenty of info on the Seat Alhambra, which by the way is the same car as the VW Sharan + Ford Galaxay, all made in the same factory in Spain, all are the same base vehicle, but with cosmetic panel & trim changes.

Most definately the ones to go for are the diesel variants

GeorgeB

Apr 13, 2005
Visit site
Jo-anne, below i have copied a reply to a previous post, like George has said you will find loads of other information in the search pages, up to this day i have not heard one single complaint about the alhambra / galaxy / sharran models. I have stated many times that the car is without question the best tow car i have ever owned and ive had quite a few including saloons mpv and 4x4's, so it says a lot about the cars ability.

Apr 13, 2005
Visit site
sorry here is the copied reply, for some reason it was missing off the last past. lol.

I have a seat alhambra 1.9 tdi 6 speed manual 130 bhp fitted with a dms engine re-map which gives 172 bhp and oodles of torque, the car is without question the absolute best towcar i have ever owned it is an absolute gem to live with. it tows our ace celebration 590 twin axle with ease and never once have i had any concerns or nasty surprises with the handling. just done 1650 mile round trip to france and back, not a murmour, averaged 30 to 35 mpg with the van and round about 50 solo. at one point we where following a french outfit and did not realise untill i looked at the speedo that we where doing 75 mph, the rev counter showed just 2500 rpm in 6th and for 200 miles we never changed down a gear. leave the petrol versions well alone they are gutless and very thirsty but get a tdi 1.9 or the newer 2.0 and have the sport suspesion fitted as i have and you wont look back. seat should really pick up on how good this car is as a towcar.

We have now sold the ace and tow a coachman VIP 530/4 which weighs around 200 kgs more than what you intend to tow, again no problems at all.

If you are looking at the moment go to your nearest ford dealer, the new galaxy is now out and we recently saw a brand new old style unregistered galaxy 1.9 tdi ghia for sale for

Sep 13, 2006
Visit site
1991 Seat Alhambra 115ps TD SE towing a Compass Corona 636 towing ratio with max loaded van and min loaded car 95%.

Tows very well - better than our old Shogun 2.5TD LWB did and it seems more stable too.

We recently had a power upgrade to c.140ps and now you can sometimes forget you are towing, although it really was not a problem with 115ps - torque is outstanding.

One Seat advantage not mentioned on this thread - with the SE spec you get the sports suspension which is lower, harder and better for towing. I believe this is only available on the VW and Ford petrol V6s in those ranges.

When we originally got the new van I was thinking about changing to a bigger car but now find it totally unnecessary - it is a very good match for our van.

Feb 15, 2006
Visit site
sorry here is the copied reply, for some reason it was missing off the last past. lol.

I have a seat alhambra 1.9 tdi 6 speed manual 130 bhp fitted with a dms engine re-map which gives 172 bhp and oodles of torque, the car is without question the absolute best towcar i have ever owned it is an absolute gem to live with. it tows our ace celebration 590 twin axle with ease and never once have i had any concerns or nasty surprises with the handling. just done 1650 mile round trip to france and back, not a murmour, averaged 30 to 35 mpg with the van and round about 50 solo. at one point we where following a french outfit and did not realise untill i looked at the speedo that we where doing 75 mph, the rev counter showed just 2500 rpm in 6th and for 200 miles we never changed down a gear. leave the petrol versions well alone they are gutless and very thirsty but get a tdi 1.9 or the newer 2.0 and have the sport suspesion fitted as i have and you wont look back. seat should really pick up on how good this car is as a towcar.

We have now sold the ace and tow a coachman VIP 530/4 which weighs around 200 kgs more than what you intend to tow, again no problems at all.

If you are looking at the moment go to your nearest ford dealer, the new galaxy is now out and we recently saw a brand new old style unregistered galaxy 1.9 tdi ghia for sale for

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts