Jul 8, 2005
Visit site
I HAVE A 1979 DEVON CONVERSIONS VWW LT28 CAMPERVAN. IT HAS TWO SEATS IN THE FRONT WITH THE ENGINE BETWEEN THEM. WE ARE EXPECTING OUR FIRST CHILD IN SEPTEMBER AND AS FAR AS I CAN SEE THERE IS NO SPACE TO ANCHOR A SEAT & SEAT BELT. IF THIS IS THE CASE THEN WE WILL HAVE TO SELL THE VAN. DOES ANYONE KNOW THE LAW AS FAR AS BELTS ARE CONCERNED?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Jonathon

Regardless of the law, make sure your child is strapped in. I work in the industry of crash test and no life is worth the risk.

Sorry cannot help regards the actual law in a camper van this old, but if you read my thread posted this morning in towing vehicles (just a few minutes ago) you will understand my concerns.

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
HI Paul and RUTH

Firstly CONGRATULATIONS!!

Hope you are well and not suffering in the muggy weather we've had! I empathise with you! I think the law is very basic in if the belts are thier they must be worn,dont know how it works iwth what you are saying! Have read your shogun post so I know you WILL be using a seat! ALL I can say is if you are buying new alot of cars have what is called an ISOFIX point, with a child seat specially designed for that vehicle,the seat bolts to the frame of the vehicle and is much more secure than a seatbelt fixing(which is also perfectly adequate!)I know the terranos have this feature,also my kia sedona!If not I find the large Mothercares brill as they will come out to your car and try each and every seat for the perfect fitting!!!!!!! Good Luck!x

Jun 7, 2005
Visit site
HI Paul and RUTH

Firstly CONGRATULATIONS!!

Hope you are well and not suffering in the muggy weather we've had! I empathise with you! I think the law is very basic in if the belts are thier they must be worn,dont know how it works iwth what you are saying! Have read your shogun post so I know you WILL be using a seat! ALL I can say is if you are buying new alot of cars have what is called an ISOFIX point, with a child seat specially designed for that vehicle,the seat bolts to the frame of the vehicle and is much more secure than a seatbelt fixing(which is also perfectly adequate!)I know the terranos have this feature,also my kia sedona!If not I find the large Mothercares brill as they will come out to your car and try each and every seat for the perfect fitting!!!!!!! Good Luck!x

Tina

Now I am confused who exactly is pregnant???

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
thank god for that, you had me worried for a moment Tina, I thought you were announcing some good news to me that even my wife had not told me about yet !

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts