Second Lockdown 😥😥😥😥😥😥😥

Page 8 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
May 7, 2012
Visit site
Unless you have a very good reason for not taking it which to me is most likely to be the possibility of it reacting adversely with something I am already taking it seems to me that you should take it. You have to look at the odds involved and as far as I can see the dangers of catching the bug far outweigh the risks. At 74, and as far as I know having nothing untoward, I will still be there when it is offered as it is clearly to my benefit overall.
I know a few who are reluctant but none of them (except Parksy} have given what to me is a sensible argument against it, simply prejudiced opinions based on what if scenarios.
Refusal seems to be suspicion of what might happen and go against all sensible medical advice, rather than well thought out arguments.
If anyone refuses and then passes the virus on to me, then I will come back to haunt them.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
I know a few who are reluctant but none of them (except Parksy} have given what to me is a sensible argument against it, simply prejudiced opinions based on what if scenarios.
Most of us with issues prefer not to discuss our medical issues on a public forum so no one will know the reason for the reluctance to have the Covid jabs.

Reactions: Jcloughie

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I think the arguments about having or not having a vaccine injection have been done to death.
At the end of the day it is each persons decision and that will never change.

We live in a society where , at the moment, we still have free will in most aspects of our lives.
It surprises me that lots of folk are quite happy to drag their caravan to places under the current conditions and put themselves at risk, when they have a , hopefully, decent house with all they need but choose to live in a tin tent,,,,,,,,,,,,,beats me.

Reactions: Hutch
Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
I think the arguments about having or not having a vaccine injection have been done to death.
At the end of the day it is each persons decision and that will never change.

We live in a society where , at the moment, we still have free will in most aspects of our lives.
It surprises me that lots of folk are quite happy to drag their caravan to places under the current conditions and put themselves at risk, when they have a , hopefully, decent house with all they need but choose to live in a tin tent,,,,,,,,,,,,,beats me.

I am nearly with you, our van is put to bed, but then winter caravanning has never been our thing. But I don’t have a problem with people caravanning through this crises. I think it is a comparatively safe past time.

John

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
This article was published in the Lancet back in July, now on general release.
There is nothing in there that will stop me from having the two phase injections. The second 28 days later allegedly gives far greater benefits. This article only relates to the Oxford Astra Zeneca vaccine not Pfizer or Eli Lilly.
On the face of it the side effects are no worse than the flu vaccine. But I am sure we all respect the advice given by our own medical advisors in relation to our own health issues.
https://www.astrazeneca.com/media-c...-in-all-participants-in-phase-i-ii-trial.html

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Unless you have a very good reason for not taking it which to me is most likely to be the possibility of it reacting adversely with something I am already taking it seems to me that you should take it. You have to look at the odds involved and as far as I can see the dangers of catching the bug far outweigh the risks. At 74, and as far as I know having nothing untoward, I will still be there when it is offered as it is clearly to my benefit overall.
Refusal seems to be suspicion of what might happen and go against all sensible medical advice, rather than well thought out arguments.
If anyone refuses and then passes the virus on to me, then I will come back to haunt them.
You may not think that you do not have anything untoward but a close friend had a minor heart attack and was fitted with a stent. Some weeks afterwards the hospital asked him to come in fir some tests. They found colo- rectal cancer for which he had two major operations in March this year. My brother in law had a heart attack early this year. That too was resolved very quickly. But again the thoroughness of the checks that were carried out identified Parkinsons disease. Since then he’s been in and out of hospital and he was only released from his most recent four week spell earlier this week. Hes now having five Carer visits a day. Until the heart attack he lived independently and got on well. When you see Covid deaths and the statistics show the patient had underlying medical problems. I wonder how many were aware of them beforehand?

Bot notwithstanding I will have the jab when available. I suspect once the very elderly and NHS and vulnerable have been done the rest will get the Oxford one being cheaper to produce and deliver. Much akin to the flu vaccination.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
At the age of 36 my life was turned upside down when after four attempts to remain in full time work I was told to retire by the NHS. To come through this and remain useful was difficult [especially with my health being disrupted on numerous occasions] I will be as grateful as everyone if the vaccine is successful and when [with full consultation with my own doctor[ will be first in line for this.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
This has been a very bad year for us Clive. Very sorry to hear the problems in your immediate family. Not good at all. Lockdown pales into insignificance with your experiences.
To add to our burdens I read in today’s DT, ok not your scene, most GP surgeries are saying they can’t cope with doing all the vaccinations. They do not have the staff to do the numerous injections required. I have experience in giving injections. Maybe the GPs will call on us lay people to help out? It is not rocket science and with correct training a task force can be set up. I am sure most will do it voluntarily. Let’s hope this doesn’t become a stumbling block😢😢

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
This has been a very bad year for us Clive. Very sorry to hear the problems in your immediate family. Not good at all. Lockdown pales into insignificance with your experiences.
To add to our burdens I read in today’s DT, ok not your scene, most GP surgeries are saying they can’t cope with doing all the vaccinations. They do not have the staff to do the numerous injections required. I have experience in giving injections. Maybe the GPs will call on us lay people to help out? It is not rocket science and with correct training a task force can be set up. I am sure most will do it voluntarily. Let’s hope this doesn’t become a stumbling block😢😢
Thanks Dusty. I realise the scale of the task to vaccinate everyone on the scale required and the logistics and planning are immense. When I heard a Minister say it will be done by GPs I wondered which planet he was on. But I’m sure there are many people who would volunteer to be trained and happily do it for nothing. I’ d be very willing to do it.

PS Edit. When I mentioned to my wife about my willingness to volunteer if required she burst out laughing. The reason being that my right arm is affected by “ essential tremor” and she thought if I were to try vaccinating anyone there’s no guarantee it would go into their arm, or even the right person. 😂😂

Last edited:
Reactions: GrizzlyBathplug
Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
On that basis Clive I will have a chat with my GP and volunteer to inject. I have done it before when SWMBO had an embolism requiring two injections a day for a week.

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
To add to our burdens I read in today’s DT, ok not your scene, most GP surgeries are saying they can’t cope with doing all the vaccinations.

Sounds more like the papers trying to make something out of nothing.

(Sorry but I am super cynical we’re the press is involved, any).

The enormity of the procedure is well understood and the logistics are being planned right now. The army expect to be involved. And training of injectors is fully expected to occur. It is expected that buildings like sports hall will need to be organised in order to do lots in one go, inside, with supervision and a recovery area.

No specific link to that, just what I have gleaned.

John

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
On of the biggest logistical issues with the Pfizer vaccine is it needs to be kept at about -75C That is well below the capabilities of most freezer systems found in general practice surgeries.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
On of the biggest logistical issues with the Pfizer vaccine is it needs to be kept at about -75C That is well below the capabilities of most freezer systems found in general practice surgeries.
This article from the NY Times gives an idea of the logistical challenge of shipping vaccines at the low temperatures required.
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/18/business/coronavirus-covid-vaccine-cold-frozen-logistics.html

One aspect we should do is drive IC vehicles more and stop buying electric cars otherwise the supplies of dry ice will not recover and there will probably not be enough electric capacity around. (Tongue in Cheek)

If the Oxford Astra Zeneca vaccine is successful it could be a game changer as it doesnt need to be frozen, only kept cool.

Last edited:
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Our concern is that people will have the vaccine and then think there is no longer any need to wear a mask. Unfortunately many of these people will be carrying the virus and go on to infect other people. It is going to take months or even years to vaccinate everyone even if every one wanted the vaccine as GPs and hospitals simple cannot cope with the logistics!
No one knows just how effective the vaccine will be, how long you will be immune to the virus etc and it can only be used prior to catching the virus and not while you have the virus.
On another note I read that there is discussion that certain people want to curb freedom of speech and ban people from discussing the merits of having the vaccine or not. That should be of great concern to all of us!

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Some big personal news from me. I wasn't allowed to say anything until this point, but I have volunteered for vaccine trials for Covid-19 that Bupa are running in partnership with Cambridge University. It's important that we all do our part to beat this virus. The vaccine is the one that has been developed in Russia. I received my first dose yesterday morning at 08:00 am, and I wanted to let you all know that it’s completely safe, with иo side effects whatsoeveя, and that I feelshκι я чувствую себя немного странно и я думаю, что вытащил ослиные уши. чувствую себя немного странно.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
BUPA and Cambridge have kept very quiet about these trials of Sputnik V. U.K. isn’t shown yet as a trials location on the Sputnik V website. I guess politics has come into play. Hope it goes well.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Some big personal news from me. I wasn't allowed to say anything until this point, but I have volunteered for vaccine trials for Covid-19 that Bupa are running in partnership with Cambridge University. It's important that we all do our part to beat this virus. The vaccine is the one that has been developed in Russia. I received my first dose yesterday morning at 08:00 am, and I wanted to let you all know that it’s completely safe, with иo side effects whatsoeveя, and that I feelshκι я чувствую себя немного странно и я думаю, что вытащил ослиные уши. чувствую себя немного странно.
There was no joke in your post. An identical post made by a Leeds supporter from Shrewsbury was Tweeted four days ago. When I spoke to my son who has worked in CROs at senior level told me out right it was a “ porkie” Not funny 👎

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts