Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I have just purchased some MILENCO window and door alarms although I doubt I will use them very often I thought other people would like to know about them.

You can place them on all windows and doors each unit has a flashing light to deter potential burglars if a window or door is opened then a high pitch alarm goes of (the light being a deterrent only.

I will of course only use them should I be travelling abroad and get caught out and need to stop somewhere other than a designated site, however they will bring a great deal of comfort knowing that the van is protected from potential gas attack

regards

john

Aug 4, 2005
Visit site
John_374564913 said:
I will of course only use them should I be travelling abroad and get caught out and need to stop somewhere other than a designated site, however they will bring a great deal of comfort knowing that the van is protected from potential gas attack

John,
You will probably have as much chance as having your caravan broken into in this country than you will abroad. I'm also a bit puzzled as to how these will protect you from a "gas attack", not that I'm convinced such an attack is very likely.
I did have a similar type alarm fitted to the door of a previous van, even although it did have its own fitted as standard pr alarm system these are only of use when the caravan is unoccupied.

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I have a normal alarm which is used when I am outside the caravan

these I have purchased are only going to be used when we are in the caravan asleep in a service station if ever we end up in a situation where we must stop.

to answer the question how will they stop a gas attack if a door or window is opened less than an inch a high pitch alarm goes off which will wake the occupants of the caravan

John

Aug 4, 2005
Visit site
I think the type that John is referring to is the ones you would use when in the van and would help prevent any sneak thief getting access whilst you were asleep.
The one we had fitted to our last van's door certainly would make you take notice! I had bought a pack of them from Lidls when they were on special offer - the type where you stick one part on the door or window frame and the other on the door or window. I had never got round to fitting any of them until one year we were in France travelling south. We had stopped overnight on a municipal site, got an early morning start then pulled in a a service area around 9am for breakfast. No sooner had we stopped then we were approached by an English family seeking some help, they had stopped overnight in their motorhome and had awoke to find some had entered their vehicle and made off with whatever cash, credit cards and mobile phones they could easily get their hands on. That night we stopped for another overnight at another site just south of Lyon, I decided that it was time I fitted one of the alarms to the caravan door using the supplied double sided sticky pads. All seemed well until the early hours when one side of the alarm fell off - the noise inside the confined space of the caravan was deafening, certainly woke us up - just about frightened the life out of me.
I do think these alarms are worth considering.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I find two bolshy Springer spaniels do a fine job, although how they would react to gas is a bit unclear!!!!

Please no anti-dog replies as I submitted this comment a bit tongue in cheek.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts